Adobe Design Achievement Awards is now accepting submissions from creative students of all disciplines.
How big are YOUR career dreams? The Adobe Design Achievement Awards (ADAA) can make them come true. Get exposure to the best design agencies, connect with other young designers, and learn what it takes to land today’s most coveted creative jobs.
The ADAA is a global digital media competition for student creators. Connected to industry professionals, academic leaders, and top brands, the ADAA is launching the next generation of student careers.
Adobe Design Achievement Awards Categories.
Adobe Design Achievement Awards Eligibility.
- Contest is open to individuals who are: (1) 18 years of age (or the age of majority in your jurisdiction) or older; and (2) students enrolled in an accredited institution of higher education at time of entry.
- Individuals residing in the following countries, states, and territories are excluded: Brazil, Northern Ireland, the Province of Quebec, and the Indian state of Tamil Nadu.
- For group entries, everyone who worked on the entry must be listed on the entry form and meet the eligibility requirements. One of these people must be designated on the entry form as lead team member. Employees, independent contractors, officers, and directors of Sponsor; its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisors; the judging panel; and the immediate family members and persons living in the same household of such persons are not eligible to participate in the Contest. All federal, state, provincial, autonomous, and local laws and regulations apply.
- Each participant may submit 3 unique entries per Category, and regardless of the number of entries entered, each participant is only eligible to win 1 prize in the Contest.
- Any nonconforming entries will be disqualified. Altered, defaced, mutilated, illegible, or incomplete entry forms are not eligible and will result in disqualification of entry.
- Entries that contain nudity or content that is pornographic in nature, violent, lewd, or sexually explicit, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, will be disqualified.
- After each entry is screened for compliance with the entry requirements, it will be judged by an independent panel of judges selected by the Sponsor. The judges’ decisions are final and binding. Judges retain the right to reclassify entries from one category to another or to select only components of the submission for honors.
Adobe Design Achievement Awards Benefits.
Fourteen (14) Category Winners will be selected from the Finalists in each category. Only one Category Winner will be selected from each category, and Category Winners may be either individuals or groups.
- Category Winners who are individual entrants will receive a winner’s certificate and a 12-month Adobe Creative Cloud All Apps membership. Individual Category Winners will receive an invitation to attend the Adobe MAX Conference held in Los Angeles, California, October 15 -17, 2018; one complimentary general student registration fee of [US$299] value; round-trip coach airfare up to US $1,200; and three nights of shared hotel accommodations. Value of complimentary MAX student registration fee, airfare, and hotel is nontransferable and cannot be redeemed for cash or product. Each individual Category Winner will also receive a one-year mentorship* with an industry mentor.
- Subject to availability, category winners may also receive invitations to ADAA community events, workshops, and other professional benefits.
- For Category Winners who are group entrants, each team member will receive a 12-month Creative Cloud membership and a winner’s certificate. The group’s designated leader will also receive an invitation to attend the Adobe MAX Conference held in Los Angeles, California, October 15 -17, 2018; one complimentary general student registration fee of [US$299] value; round-trip coach airfare up to US$1,200; and three nights of shared hotel accommodations. Value of complimentary MAX student registration fee, airfare, and hotel is nontransferable and cannot be added to the value of the cash or redeemed for cash or product. The group leader will also receive a one-year mentorship* with an industry mentor.
- Subject to availability, all members of the winning team may also receive invitations to ADAA community events, workshops, and other professional benefits.
- Mentorship Prize: Individual Category Winners will receive a 5-5-5 mentorship to be provided either in person or remotely, via telephone, email, or online communication platform. The individual Category Winner will be provided with an industry mentor who specializes in a similar or related creative discipline. The industry mentor will guide the Category Winner through a series of developmental goals intended to enhance the student’s ability for creative process, project outcome, and portfolio.
- Category and Regional Finalists
- Subject to availability, finalists may also receive invitations to ADAA community events, workshops, and other professional benefits.
- Category and Regional Finalists who are group entrants will receive a Finalist certificate and a 12-month Creative Cloud membership for each team member.
- Subject to availability, all members of the finalist team may also receive invitations to ADAA community events, workshops, and other professional benefits.
- Special Designations: Special Designations may be awarded to participants who demonstrate remarkable expertise or innovation across any of the contest categories. Judges may elect to identify an entry for design achievement in any designation they deem appropriate. A maximum of 15 designations may be awarded
- If the designation is awarded to an individual contestant, the prize will include 12 months of Adobe Creative Cloud membership and a Special Designation digital certificate in PDF.
- If the designation is awarded to a group, the prize will include 12 months of Adobe Creative Cloud membership for each group member and a Special Designation certificate for each group member in PDF.
- Honorable Mention Designees: Individual and group member Honorable Mention designees receive one Adobe Creative Cloud membership for 12 months and an Honorable Mention designee digital certificate in PDF.
Click Here for more information on benefits and prizes.
Adobe Design Achievement Awards Key Dates.
- Contest begins on March 7, 2018, and ends on June 4, 2018. All entries must be received by Adobe no later than 5pm (Pacific Time) on June 4, 2018. Adobe reserves the right to extend the competition deadline without formal notice, up to seven (7) calendar days, or as late as June 11, 2018.
- Entries submitted between March 7 and April 24, 2018, will be judged in Session I and semifinalists announced by May 25, 2018. Entries submitted between April 25 – June 4, 2018, will be judged in Session II and semifinalists announced by July 20, 2018.
- Finalist Notification: Entries will be judged from August 10-11, 2018. Category Finalists and Winners will be notified by email or telephone within the month of August and will have ten (10) days from receipt of notification to acknowledge their status and confirm their eligibility to receive their prize.
- A Winners list will be posted on the ADAA program website, www.adobeawards.com, by September 1, 2018.
How to Submit Entries for Adobe Design Achievement Awards.
Application entry forms are exclusively available from the Contest entry web page. Complete the entry form online in its entirety.
Each entry must include the following:
- A completed web application form, which includes an artist’s statement or statement of the entry’s communication objective in 100 words or less, a brief explanation of how it was produced in 100 words or less, and affiliated entry number assigned by the competition entry website.
- An original work, created not earlier than May 1, 2017, within one of the fourteen (14) Categories defined in Section 3. The work must be created primarily (50% or more) with the Adobe tools designated in each category, as defined in Section 3, and be accompanied by original digital files in Adobe software if requested.
- Most semifinalist entries will be judged in digital format and will not require physical shipping to Contest headquarters. However, if a participant is directed to ship their entry in physical form to the semifinal round, the package must be marked with the entry number assigned by the competition website and sent by mail or courier (such as FedEx, DHL, or UPS) in protected packaging to the address set forth in semifinalist documentation. Requested physical semifinal entries must be received before August 1, 2018, or they will be disqualified. Any entry not complying with the above entry requirements will be disqualified.
- Contestants may submit up to three (3) entries, per different Category, for a maximum total of 42 possible unique entries per contestant, throughout the entire duration of the ADAA submission period, regardless of Judging Phase. Each entry must be submitted separately.
Enter Now Official Link
RECOMMENDED: Check Here for More Scholarships and Opportunities.