An incredible opportunity awaits young African visionaries. The Ashinaga Africa Initiative 2024 has officially commenced its application process, seeking to empower the future champions who will drive the evolution of sub-Saharan Africa.
|🌍 Initiative Name||Ashinaga Africa Initiative 2024 for Young African Leaders.|
|🎓 Programme Stages||1. Study and Preparation Camps in Uganda or Senegal 2. University study with full financial support 3. Post-graduation responsibility to contribute back.|
|🇯🇵 Japanese Track||Focus on intensive Japanese language. Move to Japan for language school before university.|
|🏛️ University Support||Financial support for undergraduate studies abroad; internship in home country/Sub-Saharan Africa; excludes second degrees.|
|✈️ Benefits||Full financial support including accommodation, travel costs, and other expenses for studying abroad.|
|📜 Eligibility||Orphaned students; recent secondary school graduates; citizens of listed African countries; born after 01/09/2001; financial need; top academic performers; language proficiency; commitment to return to Africa.|
|📝 Application Process||1. Applicant Registration for eligibility 2. Eligible students get application form via email.|
|📅 Deadline||January 12, 2024.|
What is the Ashinaga Africa Initiative?
A premier international leadership venture, the Ashinaga Africa Initiative (AAI) is meticulously designed to nurture the upcoming generation of leaders. These leaders are envisioned to make significant contributions to the socio-economic advancement of sub-Saharan Africa.
Journey Through the Initiative
The AAI journey unfolds across three defining phases:
1. Study and Preparation Camps
Selected aspirants from every sub-Saharan nation will partake in a comprehensive Study Camp either in Uganda or Senegal, spanning from July to December 2024. Generally, English speakers head to Uganda, while French-speaking candidates find themselves in Senegal. This camp offers:
- Academic guidance
- University application assistance (targeting Japan, the U.K., the U.S.A., or Europe)
- Career strategising
- Leadership skill refinement
Following this, students transition to the Preparation Camp between April and June 2025. This camp equips them to gracefully navigate the cultural, societal, and academic nuances awaiting them overseas. By August or September 2025, they commence their university endeavours. It’s noteworthy that Ashinaga generously absorbs all associated costs.
For those electing the Japanese language track, the Study Camp emphasises intensive Japanese linguistic proficiency. Post-camp, they dedicate one or two years at a language school in Japan before university studies begin.
2. University Phase
During their tertiary studies, students receive Ashinaga’s unwavering support:
- Full financial backing for overseas undergraduate studies
- Supplementary support for foundation or preparatory courses (if necessitated)
- Persistent support via Ashinaga’s regional offices located in Japan, the U.K., the U.S.A., France, and Brazil
- Mandatory internships within their native country or elsewhere in sub-Saharan Africa
- Participation in Ashinaga’s pioneering leadership development initiatives
However, applications for second degrees or master’s studies aren’t entertained.
3. Post-Graduation Responsibilities
Upon graduation, scholars are entrusted with a noble duty: to return to their home nations or another sub-Saharan African country within four years. Here, they must dedicate at least a year contributing to the region’s upliftment. Regular updates on their activities and whereabouts must be relayed to Ashinaga.
Benefits At A Glance
The AAI stands out by offering:
- Comprehensive financial support for international undergraduate studies
- Accommodation, travel, and other necessary expenses coverage
- Have faced the loss of one/both parents
- Have completed secondary education within the past two years or will do so by February 9, 2024 (specified technical/vocational degrees excluded)
- Be a national and high school graduate from specified African nations
- Be born post September 1, 2001
- Lack financial means for overseas university education
- Demonstrate proficiency in English, French, or Portuguese
- Maintain a consistent top 10% academic standing in their recent secondary school years
- Commit to Ashinaga’s preparatory programmes and to return to and contribute to sub-Saharan Africa post-university
- Have no dependents potentially hindering academic pursuits
- Be medically fit for studying abroad
How to Apply?
The AAI application process unfolds in two stages:
- Applicant Registration: Prospective students should first verify their eligibility. Only those shortlisted post-registration will gain access to the application form via email.
- Application: Eligible registrants will receive the application form link within a month of registration.
Prospective candidates can Apply Here.
For exhaustive details, head over to the Ashinaga Africa Initiative page.
Application Deadline: January 12, 2024
In essence, the Ashinaga Africa Initiative 2024 stands as a beacon of hope, illuminating the path for young African luminaries poised to redefine the continent’s future.
RECOMMENDED: Check Here for More Scholarships and Opportunities.