The esteemed Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) has unveiled its 2023 Indigent Scholarship Award. Designed for students demonstrating financial need yet exhibiting academic brilliance, this award offers a significant financial boost. With the aim to encourage academic excellence and alleviate financial burdens, the ASUU is ensuring no deserving student is left behind.
|Scholarship 📢||ASUU Indigent Scholarship Award 2023|
|Award Amount 💷||Two Hundred Thousand Naira (N200,000.00)|
|Beneficiaries 🎓||Two students per ASUU-recognised university branch|
|Criteria 📄||Indigent, Registered in ASUU-recognised uni, GPA ≥ 3.0|
|Application Letter 📝||2 pages max; includes Name, Course, Year, State|
|Required Documents 📋||ID card photocopy, Head of Dept. letter, Current semester registration, 2 passport photos|
Overview of the Scholarship Award
The scholarship amount is a substantial N200,000 (Two Hundred Thousand Naira), presenting a remarkable opportunity for indigent students to further their academic pursuits. Furthermore, this award is distributed across universities, allowing two beneficiaries from each ASUU-recognised branch (university) to take advantage of this golden opportunity.
It’s essential to be well-informed of the prerequisites before applying. The ASUU has outlined specific criteria, ensuring the scholarship reaches its intended recipients:
- Financial Need: The applicant must be indigent, making this a need-based scholarship.
- University Affiliation: The student must be enrolled in a university that hosts a recognised ASUU branch.
- Academic Excellence: The applicant should have an admirable academic record, reflected by a GPA of 3.0 or above.
Applying for the ASUU Indigent Scholarship requires adherence to certain guidelines:
- Application Letter: Each hopeful candidate should curate an application letter, constrained to two pages, incorporating:
- Candidate’s full name.
- Course and current year of study.
- State of origin.
- Supporting Documents: Accompanying the application letter, candidates should also include:
- A photocopy of their current university identity card.
- A recommendation letter from their present Head of Department. This letter should also verify the student’s GPA from the preceding academic year.
- A copy of their registration form for the ongoing semester.
- Two recent passport photographs.
Seize the Opportunity
This scholarship is more than just financial aid; it’s a testament to ASUU’s commitment to fostering academic brilliance despite economic challenges. If you or someone you know meets the criteria, don’t hesitate. Apply now and lay the groundwork for a brighter academic future.
RECOMMENDED: Check Here for More Scholarships and Opportunities.