Federal University, Dutsin-Ma (FUDMA) B.Sc. Livestock Extension Programme (SAFE) admission form for the 2020/2021 academic session is now on sale.
The Federal University Dutsin-ma offers program leading to award of degree in Faculty of Agriculture and in areas specified under Department of Agricultural Extension and Rural Development.
The programme will be run under the general management of the Faculty of Agriculture but domiciled at the Department of Agricultural Extension and Rural Development, Federal University Dutsin-ma.
FUDMA B.Sc. Livestock Extension Target Candidates
The B.Sc. Livestock Extension programme is aimed at improving the knowledge and practical skills of serving Mid-Career Extension workers who possess Higher Diploma with working experience of five years and above, National Diploma (ND), Ordinary National Diploma(OND) and National Certificate of Education (NCE). The potential participants of the programme will first be drawn from the University’s catchment areas of Kano, Kaduna, Katsina, Jigawa, Zamfara, and Sokoto. Also other states of Northern Nigeria and the country at large would however be considered.
FUDMA B.Sc. Livestock Extension Admission Requirements
For admission into the programme, a candidate must possess the following minimum requirements.
- Higher National Diploma (HND), National Diploma (ND), Ordinary National Diploma (OND) and National Certificate of Education (NCE) in any field of Agriculture such a s Agronomy, Agric. Economics, Agric. Extension, Animal Production, Animal Health, Home Economics or Home Science and Management , Fisheries, Food science, Forestry and wild life with the following minimum grades:
- Lower credit for OND/ND and HND holders;
- Nine (9) points for NCE holders; and
- A pass for OND/ND and HND Certificate holders with minimum of five years practical working experience.
- Possession of University general entry requirement i.e. at least 5 ‘O’ level credits in not more than two sittings in the following subjects: English Language, Mathematics and any other three from Biology or Agriculture or any field of Agriculture, Chemistry, Physics, Geography, Economics, Food and Nutrition and Home Economics or Home Science and Management;
- Possession of a minimum of five years field experience in Extension work; and
- Nomination/sponsorship by his/her employer.
In order to be eligible for the award of degree of B.Sc. Livestock Extension, Candidates must satisfy the following:
- Earn a minimum of 80 credit units to include all compulsory and elective courses throughout the three – year duration; and,
- Obtain a minimum cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 1.50 at the end of each year of the programme.
How to Apply for FUDMA B.Sc. Livestock Extension Admission Form
Application forms can be obtained ONLINE upon payment of a non-refundable fee of five (N5, 000.00) thousand Naira only made payable to “the Federal University Dutsin-ma SAFE” Application fees Account, at any bank within the country using the Remita Platform”.
- PAYMENT PROCEDURE: Log on to www.remita.net and ;
- Click on the pay “ FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AGENCY” box which directs you to a new page;
- On the “Name of MDA” box type FEDERAL UNIVERSITY DUTSIN-MA
- On the “name of service/purpose” click on the drop box and select SAFE Application Form option;
- On the “description box, type SAFE Application Form;
- On the “Amount to pay”select/write a non-refundable fee of five thousand naira (N5,000.00) only.
- Select the programme you are applying for;
- Provide your e-mail and GSM number; and,
- Proceed to generate your remita retrieval reference (RRR)and pay.
- Applicants should visit our application portal at http://safe.fudutsinma.edu.ng after payment and follow the instructions there to complete the online application form.
- Sales of application forms start on Monday 9th November,2020.
- For regular updates visit our website at http://safe.fudutsinma.edu.ng
Dr. Muntaka Mamman
Coordinator: Sasakawa Africa Fund for Extension Education (SAFE)