The Lagos State University (LASU) has announced the passing away of its pioneer Vice-Chancellor, Professor Folabi Olumide at 81 years.
The Vice-Chancellor, Lagos State University, Professor Olanrewaju Adigun Fagbohun, SAN, NPOM, on behalf of the University Governing Council, the Senate, University Management, Staff and Students, with deep regret, hereby announces the passing away of its first Vice-Chancellor, Professor Folabi Olumide.
- FG Scholarship Awards for Postgraduate, Undergraduate, HND and NCE 2020/2021
- Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships (QECS) 2021/2022
- Chevening Essay Competition 2021 for Undergraduate Students
- Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF) Entrepreneurship Programme 2021 for Entrepreneurs | $5,000 in Seed Capital + More
- Türkiye Scholarships 2021 for Undergraduate & Postgraduate Studies | Fully Funded to Study in Turkey
The Vice-Chancellor commiserates with his family, the LASU community, friends and associates on this irreplaceable loss. He prays that the Almighty God gives the family and all, the soothing comfort to bear this great loss.
Late Professor Folabi Olumide, a Nigerian academic and medical surgeon would be remembered for being the pioneer Vice-Chancellor of Lagos State University, between 1983 – 1988, amongst other notable feats.
As a mark of honour, respect and appreciation in respect of his achievements during his stint as the first vice chancellor of the university, the University Management rechristened the LASU Health Centre as ” Folabi Olumide Health Centre”.
Professor Olumide died today, Friday, 8th January 2021, after a brief illness at the age of 81 years.
May his gentle soul rest in perfect peace.
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!