The Maritime Academy of Nigeria, Oron hereby inform all applicants and intending Cadets who registered for admission into the Academy for the 2017/2018 Academic Session that the admission exercise for this particular session has been suspended. This is due to the on-going Restructuring and Repositioning exercise being carried on in the Institution by the Federal Government. However, this does not affect Short Courses and Mandatory Programmes which will continue to run as at when due.
Consequently, applicants to all regular programmes of the National Diploma, Higher National Diploma and Post Graduate Diploma are by this notice advised to apply to the Office of The Rector, Maritime Academy of Nigeria, Oron, Akwa Ibom State for the refund of Aptitude Test Fee earlier paid.
Accordingly, the affected candidates are expected to attach the following to their refund application:
- Photocopy of their Remita Payment Evidence showing RRR (Remita Retrieval Reference).
- Original Copy of their Bank Teller.
- Bank and Account Number for refund of the said sum.
- Phone Number.
The affected Candidates as well as members of the public should please note.
We regret any inconvenience, which the latest change may have caused.
Maritime Academy of Nigeria (MAN), Oron, invites all the candidates who selected Academy as their institution of First Choice and have scored the minimum of 100 marks (National cut-off mark) to attend the Post JAMB UTME screening exercise for National Diploma programmes as stated below.
- Arrival:Sunday 17th September, 2017
- Aptitude Test: Monday – Friday 18th – 22nd September, 2017
- Departure: Saturday, 23rd September, 2017
- Time: 0900 hours (each day)
- Venue: Maritime Academy of Nigeria
P.M.B 1089, College Road,
Akwa Ibom State
- Courses: ND – Nautical Science
ND – Marine Engineering
ND – Boat/Ship Building Technology
ND – Electrical/Electronic Engineering
ND – Maritime Transport and Business Studies
- Requirements for the Aptitude Test:
Candidates are requested to report for the aptitude test with the following:
- JAMB result print-out(with candidate’s photograph)
- Original copy of credentials (including First School Leaving Certificate/Testimonial).
- Original copy of Birth Certificate/Age Declaration.
- Original copy of Certificate of Local Government/State of Origin.
- A pair of White Canvas and Socks.
- White Short and Vest.
- Bucket and Drinking Cup
Accommodation would be provided free to all candidates, while arrangement would be made in respect of feeding on pay-as-you-eat basis. However, candidates are expected to come with sufficient amount of money for their feeding.
Aptitude Test Fee:
Candidates are requested to pay for Post JAMB UTME Aptitude Test as follows:
- a) Medical Fee = 13,000.00
- b) Aptitude Test Fee = 2,000.00
Total = N15,000.00
Mode of Payment: Candidates are requested to pay through the bank or through net using the following step-by-step procedure:
Application Form Purchase Procedure:
- Visit www.macademyoron.org
- Click on “REGISTRATION”
- Click on “Application Form”
- Click on “Purchase Form”, you will be directed to the Personal Information page, enter the following information
- Fill in the details correctly
- Select Program: you will need to select National Diploma (ND), Higher National Diploma (HND), Post Graduate Diploma (PGD), Miscellaneous (For Post JAMB UTME Aptitude Test)
- Password (You will use this password to login):
- Confirm Password, and then Click “Continue”
- Select Course of choice
- Click “Pay Via Remita”, you will be redirected to the “Remita Invoice Page”,
- Choose the method of payment e.g Internet Banking, ATM Card, Bank Branch
- If Bank Branch: copy the RRR code and take it to any bank to make payment.
- If ATM Card, enter your card details; Card Number, Expiry Date, cvv and pin.
- You will be directed to a page that displays your Examination Number, Transaction ID, RRR, Transaction Status and Transaction Time.
- Click on “Click here to Log in” you will be directed to the log in page
- Enter your Exam number and your password to login, you will be directed to the “Complete Registration Page”
- Complete your registration by correctly filling in your Application Data, Next of Kin, Referee.
- Click “Upload O’level” ; Add all O’level subjects by clicking the add button.
- After adding O’level subjects, click on “Upload Passport”
- Upload your passport and click the “upload passport” button
- If you are applying for HND or PGD programs, upload your certificate
- And then Click “Print Photocard” (You will need this for the Entrance/Interview)