The University of Toronto (U of T), one of the globe’s premier research-intensive universities known for its commitment to inventing and innovating, is now accepting applications for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program for the academic year 2024-2025. This scholarship offers deserving individuals a golden chance to pursue graduate studies at Canada’s vanguard institution for learning, discovery, and knowledge creation.
|Program 🎓||Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at U of T|
|Focus 🌍||Advancing healthcare professions & ecosystems in Africa|
|Areas of Study 📚||Masters in Health Informatics, Health Admin, Biotech, etc.|
|Benefits 💼||Full financial support, tuition, travel, housing, and more|
|Eligibility ✅||Sub-Saharan African citizens, recent graduates, leadership|
|Partners 🤝||Collaboration with 8 leading African universities|
|Application Link 🔗||Click here to apply (URL excluded as per instructions)|
|Deadline ⏰||November 15, 2023|
Discover Your Potential: The Vision of the Program
Upon successful completion, the Scholars are anticipated to harness their acquired skills, return to their native countries, and actively participate in various health-related sectors. Their ultimate aim? To augment the health outcomes of their respective nations. Through this endeavour, Scholars will not only evolve their capacity and expand their networks but also engage profoundly in the diverse healthcare ecosystems prevalent within Africa.
Areas of Study: Where Can You Make Your Mark?
For the 2024/2025 academic term, U of T is inviting applications for the following graduate programs:
- Master of Health Informatics
- Master of Health Administration
- Master of Occupational and Environmental Health
- Master of Social and Behavioural Health Sciences
- Master of Financial Insurance
- Master of Engineering (Biomedical)
- Master of Biotechnology
Benefits: What Does the Scholarship Entail?
Scholars under the Mastercard Foundation Program at U of T will be graced with:
- Full coverage of tuition fees
- Travel expenses to Canada (inclusive of passport procurement and visa application charges)
- Accommodation facilities
- Essential course materials and resources
- Comprehensive health insurance
- Provision of a laptop
- Food, books, and additional miscellaneous expenditures throughout their graduate tenure
Eligibility: Who Can Apply?
To be considered for this prestigious scholarship, applicants must:
- Hold citizenship and presently reside in a Sub-Saharan African nation
- Graduate or have graduated within the last 5 years from an affiliated institution of the African Higher Education Health Collaborative, having not yet commenced graduate studies
- Exhibit academic brilliance and leadership prowess from their undergraduate journey
- Qualify academically for one of the endorsed graduate courses
- Possess a genuine intent and dedication to return post-graduation to foster economic progression and societal enhancement in Africa
Collaboration at Its Best: Meet the Partner Institutions
U of T’s dynamic partnership with eight eminent African universities is a testament to its commitment. This collaboration focuses on nurturing young professionals for the pivotal role of amplifying African health sectors, with a special emphasis on fortifying employment avenues for women. The esteemed partners of the African Higher Education Health Collaborative include:
- Addis Ababa University
- Ashesi University
- African Institute for Mathematical Sciences
- African Leadership University
- Amref International University/Amref Health Africa
- Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology
- Moi University
- University of Cape Town
How to Apply?
Aspiring candidates can proceed with their applications by visiting this link.
For a comprehensive insight into the program, visit MCSFP at U of T.
Final Date for Submission: November 15, 2023
Embarking on this journey with the University of Toronto can be a life-altering experience. If you believe you possess the dedication, acumen, and drive, don’t hesitate. The future beckons, and it promises a world of opportunities.
RECOMMENDED: Check Here for More Scholarships and Opportunities.