NSML job recruitment for Head, Marine Operations. NLNG Ship Management Limited (NSML), a subsidiary of Nigeria LNG Limited, is recruiting for Head, Marine Operations. The position role includes, but is not limited to, managing and coordinating the export tankers jelly schedules and berthing operations for safe and timely loading operations at NLNG Jellies. The ideal candidate should possess a minimum of Class 1 Deck Certificate of Competency issued by an internationally recognized Maritime Flag State.
NLNG Ship Management Limited (NSML) Recruitment for Head, Marine Operations
Job Title: Head, Marine Operations.
Job Location: Bonny Island, Rivers State.
- Coordinate the provision of safe, timely and efficient Port and Terminal operations in support of Production, Commercial and NLNG business targets through management of marine resources, stakeholders and NLNG vessel traffic management system for speedy vessel turnaround.
The duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage and coordinate the export tankers jelly schedules and berthing operations for safe and timely loading operations at NLNG Jellies.
- Manage and operate Vessel Traffic Management & Information Systems (VTIMS) and Marine Control Building for safe navigation of vessels arriving and departing NLNG Jetties through Bonny channel, and monitoring of the entire terminal waterfront.
- Manage marine staff and contract staff tor efficient delivery of marine service as well as provide support for the coordination and management of terminal incidents and emergency situations, to reduce operational loss to company
- Liaise! interface with relevant government agencies, regulatory and industry bodies, committees, emergency services and consultants to ensure no disruption to Terminal Marine Operations.
- Plan and manage marine support crafts for service optimization and fuel efficiency as well as develop and implement initiatives for operational improvements.
- Coordinate marine crafts and marine facility user inspection schedules and follow up to ensure that they are available, reliable and fit-for purpose.
- Facilitate ship/shore interface from nomination to departure including transfer of stores, ship wastes, personnel and victualling at Jelly, mid-streams and OPL for smooth ship operations.
- Manage demurrage and towage verifications with the aim to reduce company demurrage exposure and improve towage cost recovery
The right candidate should:
- Have a minimum of Class 1 Deck Certificate of Competency issued by an internationally recognized Maritime Flag State
- Minimum of 8 years including service on Gas or Oil tankers, up to and including the rank of Chief Officer for not less than 3 years. Experience of tanker cargo operations supervision, ship/shore safety administration and marine contract services is an added advantage.
Apply Before: 7th June, 2018.
How to Apply: Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Any false information provided during or after the application process will lead to the outright disqualification of such candidate(s)
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!