The Government of Turkey is now accepting scholarship applications from suitably qualified undergraduate and postgraduate international students who wish to further their education in The Republic Of Turkey. The deadline for the submission of applications for the 2021 Türkiye Scholarships is 20th February 2021.
Türkiye Scholarships is a government-funded, competitive scholarship program, awarded to outstanding students and researchers to pursue a full-time or short-term program at the top universities in Turkey. Türkiye Scholarships aims to build a network of future leaders committed to strengthening cooperation among countries and mutual understanding among societies.
What makes Türkiye Scholarships unique is that it’s not only inclusive of financial support but also provides university placement to its awardees at all levels of higher education. Explore your chances for fully-funded education at the most prestigious universities in Turkey.
Programs open for application are:
- Undergraduate and Postgraduate Programs Applications will be open to applicants who wish to study at bachelor’s, masters and doctoral levels.
Government of Turkey Scholarships Eligibility
Scholarships are open to:
- Citizens of all countries
- Graduates or applicants who are able to graduate at the end of the current academic year (before September 2019)
- Researchers and academicians
- Age requirement:
- To be under the age of 21 for Undergraduate programs.
- To be under the age of 30 for Master’s programs.
- To be under the age of 35 for Doctorate programs.
This scholarship is NOT open to the following:
- Turkish citizens and those who have lost Turkish citizenship
- Students already registered in Turkish universities at the level of study they are applying for.
Türkiye Scholarships Benefits
- Türkiye Scholarships are inclusive of financial support and provide university placement to its awardees at all levels of higher education.
- The scholarship program offers programs at the 50 top and most prestigious universities in Turkey. It provides a compulsory one-year Turkish Language Course which ensures that all students acclimatize and adapt to the social and cultural environment they live in.
- Türkiye Scholarships also assists in all the necessary services and procedures for an international student to feel at home in Turkey. These include providing a dormitory, health insurance, student bank account, and a student residence permit, as well as a one-year language course.
- Apart from the basic services and assistance mentioned above, Türkiye Scholarships also offers social, cultural and academic guidance in the form of congresses, programs, seminars, international student academies, culture day gatherings, sports and arts-related programs as well as training, internship opportunities, and career orientation programs.
The scholarship covers:
- University and program placement
- Monthly Stipend
- Tuition Fee
- Once-off Return Flight Ticket
- Health Insurance
- One year Turkish Language Course
Türkiye Scholarships Criteria & Requirements.
- Minimum academic achievement for Bachelor’s degree applicants: 70%
- Minimum academic achievement for Master’s and Doctorate applicants: 75%
- Minimum academic achievement for Health Science (Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmacy) applicants: 90%
All candidates must submit the following documents during the online application:
- A valid National Identification Document OR a valid Passport
- A recent Photo of the candidate (Please note that the photo you upload into the Application system must be a proper portrait of yourself, candidate photos which are not identifiable will undermine the evaluation of your application)
- National exam scores (required for candidates who do not possess any international qualification or certification)
- Diploma or temporary certificate of Graduation
- Academic transcripts (online screenshots and uncertified transcripts will undermine the evaluation of your application)
- International exam scores (GRE, GMAT, DELF, YDS, YÖS …etc. if required by the chosen university & program)
- Language test scores (if required by the chosen university & program)
- A research proposal and an example of your written work (for PhD applicants only)
As part of 2021 application and evaluation process, in order to facilitate and quicken the later stages of your admission, although it is not compulsory, all candidates planning to apply this year are strongly advised to make their application with a valid passport as their personal or identification document, or at least hold and present a valid passport during the scholarship interviews.
How to Apply for Turkey Scholarships
Türkiye Scholarships applications for 2021 will be received in one period, and applications will be open between 10th January- 20th February 2021 for international students from all countries.
Applications can only be made individually through www.turkiyeburslari.gov.tr by the candidates. There are no institutions or persons authorized to apply for Türkiye Scholarships.
- Candidates are strongly advised to read the instructions and warnings in the application system carefully.
- Applicants are required to submit and upload the necessary documents to the application system.
- Applications delivered by post, courier, or by hand will not be accepted.
- Applications are free of charge. Please do not entertain any third party institutions or persons who offer to make an application on behalf of you in exchange for a fee.
- Türkiye Scholarships include both scholarship and university placement at the same time. Applicants will be placed in a university and program among their 12 preferences which they choose in the application system.
Apply Here Official Page
Apply Before: 20th February 2021.
RECOMMENDED: Check Here for More Scholarships and Opportunities.