The Institute of Education, University of Ilorin (UNILORIN) is now selling application forms for admission into its Sandwich Postgraduate, Undergraduate and Sub-Degree Programmes for the 2020 contact session. See the requirements, available courses and how to obtain UNILORIN sandwich form below.
Applications are hereby invited from qualified candidates for admission into the underlisted programmes of the Institute of Education, University of Ilorin, for the 2020 Sandwich Contact Session.
UNILORIN Sandwich Postgraduate, Undergraduate and Sub-Degree Programmes & Requirements
(A) Bachelor Degree Programmes
B. A. (Ed.) Degree Programmes in:
Arabic; Christian Studies; English; French; History; Islamic Studies; Social Studies; and Yoruba.
B. Sc. (Ed.) Degree Programmes in:
Agriculture; Biology; Business Education; Chemistry; Computer Science; Economics; Educational Technology; Geography; Health Education; Human Kinetics; Mathematics; Physics; Social Studies; and Technology Education (i.e.Wood work; Electrical Electronic; Metal work and Building).
B. Ed. Degree Programmes in:
Primary Education Studies; Adult Education; Counsellor Education; and Educational Management.
(B) Postgraduate Diploma Programmes:
Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) and Postgraduate Diploma in Educational Technology (PGDET)
(C) Master of Education Degree Programmes:
Educational Guidance and Counselling; Educational Management; Primary Education; Educational Psychology; Measurement and Evaluation; History of Education; Arabic Education; Comparative Education; Sociology of Education; Social Studies; Curriculum Studies in Social Sciences Education; Religious Studies Education; English Language Education; Mother-Tongue Education; Curriculum Studies in Arts Education; Science Education (Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics & Physics); Curriculum Studies in Educational Technology (with options in Assistive Technology, Distance Education, E-Learning and Instructional Technology); Physical Education (with options in Administration and Management of Sports, Human Kinetics Education, Exercise & Sports Sciences, Recreation, Leisure and Tourism), Health Education/Public Health Education (with options in Nutrition Education, Drug Education, Family Life and Reproductive Health, Community Health & Primary Health Care and School Health Education).
(D) Sub-Degree Diploma Programmes:
Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) and Postgraduate Diploma in Educational Technology (PGDET).
1. For B. A. (Ed.), B.Sc. (Ed.) and B. Ed. Degree Programmes:
- Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE) with Credit in One or Two other relevant teaching subjects;
- “A” Level Passes in GCE/IJMB/NABTEB/JUPEB or its equivalent;
- ND/OND are also accepted for selected courses: Arabic, Christian Studies, History, Human Kinetics, Health Education, Islamic Studies, Computer Science Education, Educational Technology and Technology Education. In addition, an applicant must possess at least five “O” Level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics and three other relevant subjects (see adverts on the Unilorin Website for details).
2. For the Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) Programmes:
- A Bachelor’s degree from any recognised University with a minimum of Third Class Honours degree is required. Higher National Diploma with at least an Upper Credit obtained from a recognised Polytechnic or an allied Institution is equally acceptable.
3. For Postgraduate Diploma in Educational Technology (PGDET):
- A Bachelor of Education Degree (B.Ed.; B. A. (Ed.); B.Sc. (Ed.); B. Tech (Ed.) with a minimum of Third Class Honours from the University of Ilorin or an equivalent Degree recognised by the Senate of the University of Ilorin.
- A Bachelor’s Degree (B. A.; B.Sc.; B. Tech) with a minimum of Third Class Honours and Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PDGE) recognised by the Senate of the University.
4. For M.Ed. Degree Programmes:
- A good First Degree in Education with a minimum of Second Class Honours (Lower Division).
- A good First Degree in other disciplines with a minimum of Second Class Honours (Lower Division) plus Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) obtained at Credit Level from a recognised University.
- Third Class Honour degree in Education with a Postgraduate Diploma in Educational Technology (with a Minimum of 60% pass grade); acceptable for admission into M.Ed. Educational Technology programme only.
- Third Class Honour degree in other disciplines (B.A., B.Sc., B. Tech., etc plus Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) obtained at Credit level from a recognised University and a Postgraduate Diploma in Educational Technology (with a minimum of 60% pass grade); acceptable for admission into M.Ed. Educational Technology programme only.
5. For Sub-Degree Diploma Programmes:
- Human Kinetics and Health Education:
- At least 5 O’ Level Credit passes at SSCE/GCE/TCII/NABTEB or equivalent, including English Language and Mathematics, at not more than two sittings.
- Arabic Education:
- WASC/GCE/TCII/Higher Islamic Studies Certificate (HISC); Senior Secondary School Certificate with Credit/Merit in at least four subjects; one of which must be Arabic.
- Diploma in the teaching of Arabic or Islamic Studies of Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria.
- Photography, Instructional Radio & Television Production and Creative Arts.
- Candidates willing to proceed to the degree programmes must possess the pre-requisite five “O” Level passes at Credit level for relevant programmes.
NB: Please note that at least a Credit pass in Mathematics and English at “O” Level in addition to 3 relevant subjects are required to qualify for admission into Sub-degree, Degree and Master Degree programmes.
- Admission requirements are as stated above. For more information, interested applicants should visit Unilorin website (https://www.unilorin.edu.ng) and click on Institute of Education portal for online application.
- All applicants seeking Undergraduate Admissions are required to register online with Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB). Note that the registration does not involve sitting for Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME). Visit JAMB Facility portal via jamb.gov.ng/efacility/ and follow the necessary instructions.
How to Apply for UNILORIN Sandwich Admission
- Postgraduate Studies and Postgraduate Diplomas = N25,000.00
- Undergraduate and Sub-degree Diplomas = N10,000.00
APPLICATION PAYMENT SHOULD BE MADE ONLINE WITH ATM (MASTER CARD OR VISA CARD). CASH PAYMENT IS NOT ALLOWED.
REGISTRATION: Registration for admission is online at Unilorin and JAMB websites.
CLOSING DATE FOR SALE AND SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FORM : Postgraduate, Undergraduate, and Sub-degree Diploma: 21st June, 2020