25 Private Universities Set for 2013 NPUGA Games:
- ASUU Strike: Imo State University (IMSU) Pulls Out, Resumes Academic Session
- Mountain Top University (MTU) JUPEB Admission Form for 2022/2023 Academic Session
- Afe Babalola University Ado-Ekiti (ABUAD) Pre-Degree, JUPEB/Foundation Admission Form for 2022/2023 Academic Session
- Ajayi Crowther University (ACU) JUPEB/Pre-Degree Admission Form for 2022/2023 Academic Session
- Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Remedial & Basic Studies (IJMB) Registration Procedure for 2021/2022 Academic Session
TWENTY FIVE private universities will converge on Joseph Ayo Babalola University (JABU) in Ikeji-Arakeji, Osun State for the 5th edition of the Nigeria Private University Games Association, NPUGA slated for December 14 to 22, 2013.
President of the Local Organizing Committee, LOC of the private university games, Tunde Akinola, who said this in Akure, noted that 2,000 students would participate in the competition, adding that 10 different sports will be competed for.
These include football,basketball, volleyball,swimming, Athletics, chess, scrabble,tennis,table tennis and badminton in which the 25 universities will be struggling for honours in the seven-day event that will attract the creme-de-la-creme of the society.
Akinola, who is also the National President of NPUGA, said the aim of the Games is to help the nation discover talents among the students of the private universities. He said the previous editions of the Games had produced outstanding athletes who have represented the country in various fields of sporting activities.
The organizers however solicited for government support by extending it’s financial assistance and subvention to private university games as being done to public universities in the country.
Akinola stated that the LOC of the hosting institution (JABU) has assured that all the facilities for the Games are in good condition, saying two venues will be used for the sporting events.
He said,” the NPUGA committee is making efforts to ensure that the Games are hitch free. We want to assure all our stakeholders that this year’s edition shall be better than the previous ones”.