A new Registrar has been appointed by the Governing Council of Abia State University (ABSU). He is Mr. Acho Elendu.
The Governing Council of Abia State University, at its 144th Regular Meeting, approved the appointment of Acho Elendu, as the Substantive Registrar of the University, effective 1st September 2020. Until his appointment, he was the Deputy Registrar, Public Affairs.
- FG Scholarship Awards for Postgraduate, Undergraduate, HND and NCE 2020/2021
- Unilever Idea Trophy Competition 2021 for Nigerian Students
- Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF) Entrepreneurship Programme 2021 for Entrepreneurs | $5,000 in Seed Capital + More
- Türkiye Scholarships 2021 for Undergraduate & Postgraduate Studies | Fully Funded to Study in Turkey
Mr. Acho Elendu is the first Alumnus of Abia State University to occupy such high office in the University
- Deputy Registrar, 2007, with over thirty (30) years post qualification working experience, twenty-five (25) of which have been in University Administration.
- B.Sc (Hons), Sociology.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Public Administration (PGDPA)
- Master of Public Administration (MPA)
- Master of Science (M.Sc), Public Administration.
- Ph.D (In view).
Member/Fellow of the Following Professional Associations:
- Member, Nigerian Institute of Management (Chartered), NIM
- Member, Nigerian Institute of Public Relations, NIPR
- Fellow, Institute of Corporate Administration of Nigeria
- Justice of Peace (JP)
- Jerusalem Pilgrim, (JP).
Service to the Nation/State
- Special Assistant to the Executive Governor, Abia State, Media.
- Head, Media and Mobilization, Abia State Independent Electoral Commission (ABSIEC).
- Principal Orientation Officer, National Orientation Agency (NOA), Abuja
In approving the appointment of Acho Elendu as the Substantive Registrar, Abia State University, the Governing Council considered the result of a highly competitive and transparent screening exercise which was keenly contested.
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!