Academic Staff of Alvan Ikoku College of Education Decries FG’s Neglect :
Academic staff of Alvan Ikoku Federal College of Education, Owerri, AIFCEO, have described as “most unfortunate” the Federal Government’s alleged refusal to address the problems hindering effective teaching and learning in the system.
- Jigawa State College of Education Gumel (JSCOEG) Admission Form for 2021/2022 Academic Session | NCE & Degree
- Federal College of Education (Special) Oyo Acceptance Fee
- Federal College of Education (Technical) Gombe Physical Screening Invitation
- FCE Kontagora NCE Part-Time Admission Form
- College of Education Akwanga Acceptance Fee/Registration Details
Branch Chairman of College of Education Academic Staff Union, COEASU, Mrs. Ukachi Wachuku, stated this while addressing the protesting lecturers in the school.
She maintained that the major issue that necessitated the current industrial action, had to do with infrastructural decay, lack of staff motivation and poor conditions of service.
“We are compelled to embark on this demonstration to let Nigerians know that government has abandoned the colleges of education in Nigeria to decay because students of these institutions are children of the poor of the society,” Wachuku said.
She called on the Federal Government to, as a matter of urgency, engage COEASU in a sincere and result-oriented dialogue, with a view to addressing and resolving the contentious issues without delay.
The lecturers also took a swipe at Governor Rochas Okorocha for allegedly delaying the ceremonial handover of the institution to the Federal Government. (VANGUARD)