The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) has announced that it would commence a warning strike on Wednesday, November 2, 2016.
To: ALL ASUU MEMBERS
- The NEC of our Union, at its meeting of 12th November, 2016, declared a one – week warning strike beginning from 12.01 a.m on Wednesday 16th November, 2016 to 12:00 (midnight) on Tuesday 22nd November, 2016.
- For the avoidance of doubt, the one – week warning strike is to compel Government to address the following:
- Funding for Revitalisation of Public Universities based on the FGN- ASUU MoU of November, 2013
- Non – release of subvention to State Universities by their Visitors
- Registration of NUPEMCO
- Payment of Earned Academic Allowances (EAA).
- Shortfall in salaries leading to payment of fractions of Staff Salaries
- Non – payment of salaries of staff in the Staff Primary Schools
- Exemption of Universities from the Treasury Single Account (TSA) Policy
- Renegotiation of the 2009 Agreement
- The strike is total and comprehensive i.e No teaching. No examination, and No attendance at statutory meetings of any kind (Senate, Council, College/Faculty / Departmental Boards etc)
- Members are only to take instructions from their Chairpersons
- When in doubt, members should consult their Chairpersons and attend congress meetings regularly for updates on the strike action.
The National Strike Coordinating Committee (NSCC) urges all members to remain steadfast and resolute.
A people united can never be defeated !
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!