ASUU Strike Pull-Out: UNIPORT To Resume on Dec 9
- University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT) Admission List
- University of Port Harcourt Entrepreneurship Centre (UPEC) Admission Form
- UNIPORT Post-HND to B.Tech Admission List
- University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT) 33rd Convocation Ceremony
- UNIPORT Institute of International Trade and Development (IITD) Admission Form
Management of the University of Port Harcourt has announced December 9th as resumption date for academic activities in the institution.
The management made the announcement after an extra-ordinary Senate meeting held on Tuesday.
Deputy Registrar, Information, of the University, Dr. William Wordi told DailyPost that the management of the institution found it worthy to end the 5-month old strike in the interest of the students.
Wordi said the Senate also decided to pay the backlog of salary areas of lecturers who resumed work on the announced date.
Meanwhile, the UNIPORT chapter of the Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, said there is no going back on the strike until the Federal Government meets all their demands.
Chairman of ASUU in the University, Prof. Anthonia Okerengwo said the students would be wasting their time if they resumed on the stipulated date.
She said the Union was not moved by Federal Government’s threat to sack lecturers who refused to resume to work.