FUNAAB Vice-Chancellor: Professor Olusola Babatunde Kehinde
Meet Professor Olusola Babatunde Kehinde, FUNAAB's 7th Substantial Vice-Chancellor.
- The Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB) has appointed Professor Olusola Babatunde Kehinde as its 7th Vice-Chancellor after a rigorous selection process.
- He has a strong academic and professional background, is associated with several bodies, and is married with three children.
Last updated on
The Governing Council of the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB) held a Special Meeting on March 7, 2023, to appoint a new Vice-Chancellor. After a keenly contested competition involving fourteen candidates, Professor Olusola Babatunde Kehinde emerged as the 7th substantial Vice-Chancellor of FUNAAB.
- ASUU Strike: Imo State University (IMSU) Pulls Out, Resumes Academic Session
- FUNAAB JUPEB Programme Admission Form
- FUNAAB Pre-Degree Programme Admission Form
- Mountain Top University (MTU) JUPEB Admission Form for 2022/2023 Academic Session
- Afe Babalola University Ado-Ekiti (ABUAD) Pre-Degree, JUPEB/Foundation Admission Form for 2022/2023 Academic Session
The Pro-Chancellor and Chairman of the Governing Council, Alhaji Umar Ahmed, CNA, announced the appointment on March 12, 2023. He congratulated Professor Kehinde on his appointment and urged him to work assiduously to uplift the standard of the institution, ensuring that FUNAAB continues to soar higher in the community of universities worldwide.
Professor Kehinde’s Response
Professor Kehinde expressed deep appreciation to the Governing Council for finding him worthy of the appointment and the trust reposed in him. He promised to implement all the programmes highlighted in his vision document presented during the appointment process. He also pledged to promote peace, quality, and cut-edge research while putting in all his energies to make FUNAAB a 21st Century University in a short time.
Academic and Professional Background
Professor Olusola Babatunde Kehinde was born on December 22, 1964, in Gbagura, Abeokuta North Local Government Area. He attended Abeokuta Grammar School for his secondary education and later proceeded to Ogun State Polytechnic, where he obtained his Higher School Certificate (HSC). He was awarded a Bachelor and Master of Science Degree in Agricultural Biology as well as a Doctor of Philosophy (Plant Breeding and Genetics) from the University of Ibadan in 1987, 1990, and 1994, respectively.
Professor Kehinde became an Assistant Lecturer in the Department of Plant Breeding and Science Technology, University of Agriculture (now FUNAAB), in 1994. He rose through the ranks and is currently a Professor in the same department since October 1, 2007, till date. Administratively, he was the Dean, College of Plant Science and Crop Production between 2009 and 2011. In 2021, he became the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Development) of the institution. He is currently the Acting Vice-Chancellor of the institution.
Membership of Academic and Professional Bodies
Professor Kehinde is associated with several academic and professional bodies, including
- Fellow, Institute of Health and Safety, Canada;
- Fellow, Association of Applied Information Management Professionals (FAIMP);
- Fellow, Genetics Society of Nigeria;
- Member, African Crop Science Society; and
- Member, Horticultural Society of Nigeria.
Professor Kehinde is married to Professor Iyabode Adekemi Kehinde, and they have three children.
Ace Your Exams: Join Our Online Classes For JAMB, WAEC, NECO & NABTEB Candidates