Borno Police Command Denies Boko Haram Attack UNIMAID:
The Police Command in Borno on Friday denied reports of suspected Boko Haram insurgents attack on the University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID) campus.
- ASUU Strike: Imo State University (IMSU) Pulls Out, Resumes Academic Session
- Mountain Top University (MTU) JUPEB Admission Form for 2022/2023 Academic Session
- Afe Babalola University Ado-Ekiti (ABUAD) Pre-Degree, JUPEB/Foundation Admission Form for 2022/2023 Academic Session
- Ajayi Crowther University (ACU) JUPEB/Pre-Degree Admission Form for 2022/2023 Academic Session
- Delta State University (DELSU) Pre-Degree Admission List
The Commissioner of Police, Alhaji Lawal Tanko, made the denial in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Maiduguri.
“The story indicating that the university had been attacked is not true.
“What happened was that the insurgents passed through a river channel behind the university to launch the attack on the barracks,’’ he said.
Tanko said that the university campus was safe as both students and lecturers had been adequately protected.
He, however, confirmed an attempted attack on Giwa Barracks, Maiduguri, by suspected members of the sect.
“It is true that there is an ongoing exchange of fire between security agents and some suspected insurgents but the incident is limited to the barracks area alone,’’ he said.
Malam Ahmed Mohammed, the Chief Information Officer of the university, corroborated the claim of the commissioner.
“The university campus was not attacked, the attackers only used a narrow river side near the campus to carry out their nefarious act.
“Many people assumed that the university was affected because the hostilities took place near the campus,’’ Mohammed said. (NAN)