Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the Alexander von Humboldt Institute for Internet and Society (HIIG) Fellowship 2019. The deadline for submission of applications is 2nd September, 2019.
THE INTERNET AND SOCIETY FELLOWSHIP IS INTERNATIONALLY FOCUSED AND OFFERS A UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY FOR INNOVATIVE THINKERS WHO WISH TO ENGAGE IN THE EXCHANGE OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCES AND TO SET UP NEW INITIATIVES.
We now invite applications from early and advanced researchers with diverse backgrounds and professional experiences, who want to contribute to the range of the institute’s transdisciplinary internet research.
Based in the heart of Berlin, the HIIG provides a dynamic intellectual environment for fellows to pursue their own research interests and actively shape their stay. We invite fellows to collaborate with an international team of researchers and to participate in the activities at our institute. We offer a number of opportunities to share and discuss ideas. This includes:
- writing and publishing papers in one of our open access publications
- commenting on current developments in your field in form of HIIG blog posts
- holding presentations in one of our lunch talks
- organising expert workshops with your peers
- engaging in joint activities and projects with other fellows
Internet and Society Fellowship Qualifications.
- Master’s degree, PhD in process/planned (Junior Fellow) OR
- Advanced PhD, post-doctoral researcher (Senior Fellow)
- Fluency in English; command of German is appreciated
- Research experience and a research project of your own that you want to pursue
Internet and Society (HIIG) Fellowship Key Areas.
For the 2020 class of fellows, they consider applicants who want to pursue topics that fall within one of the research programmes, groups or projects. Please read the information on each of the linked websites closely, and position yourself and/or your project within the programme that best suits you.
Internet and Society (HIIG) Fellowship : Things to Consider.
Time Frame: Fellowships may range from a minimum of 3 months to a maximum of 12 months within the year 2020.
Costs and Allowances:Fellows may use our facilities free of charge during their stay. However, they are expected to bring their own funding from their home institution or outside grants. Fellows must take care of accommodation, insurance, childcare, and travel arrangements. In special cases, fellows can apply for a travel grant of up to 700 Euros and a visa subsidy of up to 200 Euros.
How to Apply for Internet and Society (HIIG) Fellowship.
- Up-to-date curriculum vitae
- Motivation letter explaining your interest in the HIIG Fellowship, research background, and your expectations (1 page)
- Research outline including A) your project, and how it responds to one of research programmes, B) the specific work you propose to conduct during the fellowship, C) deliverables, products or outcomes you aim to produce (max. 3 pages)
- Optional: one writing or work sample covering internet research (in English or German)
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS Monday, 2 SEPTEMBER 2019.
All materials must be submitted electronically via the online application form. Check out our FAQ and review the information carefully before applying. If you have any questions, email email@example.com.
Apply Here Official Link
RECOMMENDED: Check Here for More Scholarships and Opportunities.