Boko Haram: Kwara Evacuates Indigenes from UNIMAID :
The Kwara State Government has set machinery in motion for the evacuation of its indigenes from the University of Maiduguri, Borno State, following renewed onslaughts on Boko Haram insurgents by Nigerian Security Forces.
- ASUU Strike: Imo State University (IMSU) Pulls Out, Resumes Academic Session
- Mountain Top University (MTU) JUPEB Admission Form for 2022/2023 Academic Session
- Afe Babalola University Ado-Ekiti (ABUAD) Pre-Degree, JUPEB/Foundation Admission Form for 2022/2023 Academic Session
- Ajayi Crowther University (ACU) JUPEB/Pre-Degree Admission Form for 2022/2023 Academic Session
- Benue State University (BSU) Pre-VTS Admission Form
Already, a delegation has left Ilorin, the Kwara capital for Maiduguri Thursday morning.
Commissioner for Information Tunji Moronfoye, who made this known yesterday, said the evacuation followed a save-our-soul message by Kwara students in the university.
Moronfoye said the delegation was provided with necessary logistics to enable it carry out its mission.
He said the delegation as well as the students are expected in Ilorin any time from today.
The students, it was learnt, sent text messages to government officials, fearing for their safety, following massive attacks on Maiduguri last weekend by the insurgents. Some buildings in the university were shelled during the attack.
One of the text messages reads: “Maiduguri is under attack. We had 15 explosions this morning. We are picking bullets in the hostel. Please, we need your help. We need to be evacuated.
“We, Kwara State students, are waiting for the rescue team. Please, help do all you can to save our lives”.
The commissioner said it was the responsibility of government to ensure the safety and well-being of its people.
He said the government would discharge such responsibilities without recourse to political affiliation.
The commissioner added: “The people of Kwara voted us into power, so we have responsibility to ensure their well-being”. (Information Ng)