The Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LASUTH), nestled in the bustling heart of Ikeja, is not just a beacon for superior healthcare services but also an ideal location for professionals to hone their medical prowess. Recognising the pivotal role of healthcare professionals in ensuring optimum patient care, the Lagos State Government has recently shown its unyielding commitment by announcing some significant vacancies.
For those ambitious enough to be a part of a dynamic healthcare team, here’s a closer look at what LASUTH is offering:
Consultants and Resident Doctors at LASUTH
Consultants (Grade Level 15)
To be considered for the Consultant position, candidates need to have specific qualifications under their belt:
- A legitimate Fellowship from the West African College of Surgeons & Physicians.
- Recognition from the Medical & Dental Council of Nigeria in the pertinent specialities.
- Successful completion of the National Youth Service Corp (NYSC), evidenced by a discharge certificate.
Specialisations sought include:
- General Surgery
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Paediatric Dentistry
- Restorative Dentistry
Resident Doctors (Grade Level 12)
For the Resident Doctors’ role:
- Holding a Primary Fellowship from the West African College of Surgeons & Physicians is pivotal.
- Again, specialisation endorsement from the Medical & Dental Council of Nigeria is a must.
- As with the consultants, a NYSC discharge certificate is mandatory.
Areas of expertise LASUTH is keen on:
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Pathology & Forensic
- Internal Medicine
- And several other pivotal domains.
Joining the Nursing Brigade at LASUTH
Nursing Officer II – Grade Level 08
Nurses form the backbone of any healthcare system. At LASUTH, the Nursing Officer role demands:
- Registration as a Nurse (RN) and, if applicable, a Midwife (RM).
- Alternatively, any Post Basic qualification in specialties like Orthopaedic Nursing, Intensive Care Nursing, and more is acceptable.
- Essential: Registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria and possession of a current practising license.
How to Become Part of the LASUTH Family?
All eligible and interested individuals should:
- Secure the application form from Hospital Administration & Human Resource Department, MRC Building, LASUTH, Ikeja.
- Completed forms, accompanied by essential credentials, a Curriculum Vitae (CV), and two recent passport photographs, should be addressed to:
The Chief Medical Director,
Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LASUTH),
1-5, Oba Akinjobi Way, Ikeja,
- For Consultants and Resident Doctors: Friday, 10th November, 2023.
- For Nursing Officer II: Monday, 30th October, 2023.
Don’t miss this golden opportunity to be a part of LASUTH — where healthcare meets excellence!
(Note: Ensure you are following the guidelines and qualifications outlined by LASUTH for a seamless application process.)
For more details, reach out to:
Mr. Jelili Babatunde Oyekan
Director Hospital Administration & Human Resource
For: Chief Medical Director