Millennium Fellowship application is on. The United Nations Academic Impact and Millennium Campus Network (MCN) are now accepting applications from student leaders worldwide for their 2018 Millennium Fellowship program. Deadline for submission of application for the Millennium Fellowship program is July 15, 2018. Continue reading below….
The United Nations Academic Impact and MCN are partnering on the Millennium Fellowship. The Millennium Fellowship is a semester-long leadership development program that happens on your campus. It convenes, challenges, and celebrates student leadership for UN goals on campuses worldwide.
The program is free for accepted applicants.
What makes an outstanding Millennium Fellow:
“As Millennium Fellows, we need you to lead by example – with empathy, humility, and inclusion as guiding values. You can embrace global citizenship, building a strong global network to learn from and support each other.”
– Ban Ki-moon, 8th Secretary-General of the United Nations
Millennium Fellowship Eligibility & Requirements.
- You must be at least 18 years old, enrolled in a college or university and in good standing for the duration of the program.
- You make a commitment to convene at least four times during the Millennium Fellowship (for 2018, the program will run August-December) with your Campus Directors and other Fellows on your campus to share best practices and take collective action. If you miss sessions, this is grounds for expulsion and the forfeiture of your designation as a Millennium Fellow.
Note: We aim to accept at least eight Millennium Fellows from each Campus Hub (with two Campus Directors). Most Campus Hubs will typically have 8-20 Millennium Fellows. The Fellowship is about forming community; therefore we encourage you to share the program with other prospective Fellows on your campus and encourage them to apply as well.
Millennium Fellowship Key Dates.
- 11:59PM EST, April 30, 2018: Priority Application Deadline for Fellows
- 11:59PM EST, May 31, 2018: General Application Deadline
- 11:59PM EST, June 30, 2018: Late Application Deadline
- 11:59PM EST, July 15, 2018: Final Application Deadline
- August 15, 2018: All Millennium Fellows and Campus Directors for the Class of 2018 will be selected and informed by this date.
- FELLOWSHIP LAUNCH: August 16, 2018
- Between August 16 – September 16, 2018: FIRST FELLOWSHIP SESSION. Your Campus Hub meets for a MINIMUM of 2 hours, on a date you decide together.
- Between September 17 – 31, 2018: Your Campus Hub meets for a MINIMUM of 2 hours, on a date you decide together.
- Between October 1 – 16, 2018: Your Campus Hub meets for a MINIMUM of 2 hours, on a date you decide together.
- Between October 17 – November 16, 2018: FINAL FELLOWSHIP SESSION. Your Campus Hub meets for a MINIMUM of 2 hours, on a date you decide together.
- Mid-November, 2018: Virtual Global Graduation
- December 1, 2018: Submit feedback forms to your Campus Directors by this date
How to Apply for Millennium Fellowship.
- Step 1A Apply (as soon as you can) to become a Millennium Fellow.
- Step 1B. If you want to curate the Millennium Fellowship on your campus, in your Fellowship application you can also apply to be one of two Campus Directors for your Campus Hub.
Note on deadlines: The general application deadline to apply for the program is May 31. The final application deadline for the Millennium Fellowship Class of 2018 is July 15th. All Millennium Fellows and Campus Directors will be announced by August 15th. Please note that this is a selective program – while there is remarkable student leadership in every community, in 2018 we can only select a small percentage of all applicants.
For more enquiry, please contact us at email@example.com.
RECOMMENDED: Check Here for More Scholarships and Opportunities.