The National Universities Commission (NUC) plays a crucial role in shaping the higher education landscape in Nigeria. The Vice-Chancellor of the University of Ilesa, located in Osun State, has been formally informed by the Executive Secretary of the NUC regarding the completion of a resource verification process. This evaluation involved panels of experts conducting thorough assessments to ensure that adequate human and material resources are in place for the proposed academic programmes.
|📜 Source||National Universities Commission (NUC) communication|
|🏛️ Campus||Main Campus, University of Ilesa, Osun State|
|📅 Timeline||Effective from the 2023/2024 academic session|
|📚 Programmes||32 full-time undergraduate programmes approved|
|📊 Business||B.Sc. in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics|
|🎓 Education||B.Sc. Ed. and B.Ed. in multiple disciplines|
|🩺 Health||Includes Nursing Science, Medical Laboratory Science, Public Health|
|⚠️ Note||Part-time mode of delivery not approved; titles and nomenclatures subject to NUC approval|
Full-Time Undergraduate Programmes Given the Green Light
Following the rigorous scrutiny, the Executive Secretary has sanctioned the commencement of several full-time undergraduate courses. These will be inaugurated in the Main Campus of the University of Ilesa, starting from the 2023/2024 academic year. Below is an elaborated list of these programmes:
- B.Sc. Anatomy: Focus on the structure of living organisms.
- B.Sc. Physiology: Study of the functions of living organisms and their parts.
- B.Sc. Accounting: Financial accounting, managerial accounting, etc.
- B.Sc. Business Administration: Management principles, organizational behavior, etc.
- B.Sc. Economics: Study of production, distribution, and consumption of goods and services.
- B.Sc. Ed. Economics: Economics with a focus on education.
- B.Sc. Political Science: Study of politics, government systems, and political behavior.
- B.Sc. Ed. Political Science: Political Science with an educational focus.
- B.Sc. Tourism and Hospitality: Focus on tourism industry dynamics, hospitality management, etc.
- B.Sc. Transport Planning and Logistics Studies: Study of transportation systems, logistics, and supply chain management.
- B.A. Linguistics: Study of language and its structure.
- B.A. Ed. English: English language and literature with an educational focus.
- B.A. English Language: Study of the English language, its history, and use.
- B.A. History and International Studies: Study of historical events and international relations.
- B.A. Music: Focus on music theory, history, and performance.
- B.A. Ed. Music: Music theory and history with a focus on education.
- BMLS. Medical Laboratory Science: Focus on diagnostics, laboratory techniques, etc.
- B.Sc. Microbiology: Study of microorganisms.
- B.Sc. Biochemistry: Study of chemical processes related to living organisms.
- B.NSc. Nursing Science: Training to become a qualified nurse.
- B.Sc. Public Health: Focus on the health of populations.
- LL.B. Law: Professional degree in law.
- B.Sc. Computer Science: Study of algorithms, computation, and information systems.
- B.Sc. Cyber Security: Focus on protecting networks, systems, and data.
- B.Sc. Ed. Computer Science: Computer Science with an educational focus.
- B.Ed. Guidance and Counselling: Education and training in psychological counseling.
- B.Ed. Business Education: Business concepts with an educational focus.
- B.Ed. Educational Management: Focus on managing educational institutions.
- B.Ed. Adult and Continuing Education: Focus on education for adults and lifelong learners.
- B.Sc. Ed. Agricultural Science: Agricultural concepts with an educational focus.
- B.Ed. Social Studies: Social Sciences with an educational focus.
- B.Sc. Ed. Integrated Science: Multidisciplinary science with an educational focus.
Important Regulatory Notes
It is critical to note that these approvals are exclusive to the full-time mode of these programmes. Part-time delivery is not included in this sanction. Any modification in the programme titles and nomenclatures must be formally approved by the Commission. The University is further advised to sustain sufficient human and material resources for the continuous development and expansion of these approved courses.
A Final Word
In summary, the University of Ilesa now boasts 32 newly approved full-time undergraduate programmes. Each course is meticulously designed to offer in-depth knowledge and practical skills in the respective fields. As the University gears up to welcome a new batch of students, the range of options has never been broader or more exciting.