Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has been appointed as the pioneer chancellor of Jigawa State University.
Governor Sule Lamido of Jigawa State has approved the appointment of former president Olusegun Obasanjo as the pioneer chancellor of the newly established Jigawa State University, Kafin Hausa.
The Commissioner for Education, Science and Technology, Professor Haruna Wakili, said after a delegation from the state presented the letter of appointment to the former president at his resident in Ogun State that the appointment was based on Section 8 of the state’s University Law, 2013 and Section 2 of the second schedule of the law which gave the visitor of the university powers to appoint a chancellor.
- Universal School of Aviation (USA) Convocation Ceremony Schedule
- House Rejects Motion to Cover WAEC/NECO/JAMB Fees
- NOUN Extends Courses and Examinations Registration Deadline
- College of Nursing Sciences ATBUTH Basic Midwifery Admission Form
- Aminu Saleh College of Education Azare (ASCOEA) Pre-NCE Admission Form
Obasanjo has since accepted the appointment and assured the governor and people of Jigawa State of his readiness to do everything possible to take the university to great heights. (Daily Trust)