Wellcome Sanger Institute Prize Competition 2019 For Undergraduate Students
Updated on by Olusegun Fapohunda
The Wellcome Sanger Institute is now accepting entries from undergraduate students from low- and middle-income countries for its Prize Competition. The deadline for submission of entries for the 2019 Sanger Institute Prize Competition is 21st December 2018.
The Sanger Institute Prize is an outreach competition for undergraduate students from low- and middle-income countries and gives the winner an opportunity to experience the very cutting edge of genomic research.
Sanger Institute Prize Competition Benefits.
The winner of the Sanger Institute Prize will be offered a three-month internship with a research group at the Wellcome Sanger Institute during 2019. Travel, living and research expenses are all covered by the award.
Sanger Institute Prize Competition Eligibility.
To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Be from a low- or middle-income country (a full list of eligible countries)
- Be studying at a University/Institute in a low-/middle-income country
- Demonstrate an active interest in research in the genomics field
- Have a good command of English
How to Enter Sanger Institute Prize Competition.
Stage one: expression of interest
- First stage applicants are asked to complete a short application form and write an expression of interest detailing their scientific interests and why they want to come to the Sanger Institute. Two academic references are also required at this stage.
Stage two: essay
- Selected candidates will then be asked to take part in stage two of the process, which is to write an essay with a given title.
- The judges’ decision will be final and no further correspondence will be entered into.
Only applications made via the online application system will be accepted. Entries should be submitted online by 5pm UK GMT, 21st December 2018.
Apply Here Official Link
RECOMMENDED: Check Here for More Scholarships and Opportunities.