The students tendered the fake certificates between 2009 and 2012 and secured admission into the university.
In another development, 48 other students were either suspended for either one or two years or outright expulsion for examination malpractice between the 2010/2011 and 2011/2012 sessions.
- University Of Calabar (UNICAL) 44th Matriculation Ceremony
- University of Calabar (UNICAL) Freshmen Orientation Programme
- ASUU Strike: Imo State University (IMSU) Pulls Out, Resumes Academic Session
- Mountain Top University (MTU) JUPEB Admission Form for 2022/2023 Academic Session
- University of Calabar (UNICAL) Pre-Degree Admission Form for 2021/2022 Academic Session
The Public Relations Officer of the Institution, Mr. Effiong Eyo stated that another 10 students were sanctioned for presenting fake credentials for direct entry admission for the 2011/2012 academic session.
Giving details of those sanction, the school authority said the Department of Curriculum and Teaching had the highest number of 65 followed by Medical Laboratory 18, Sociology 10, Medicine and Surgery 10, Marketing 9, Law 9 and Linguistics and Communication Studies 8.
Eyo maintained that Accounting had 4, Micro Biology 3, Vocational and Special Education 3, Human Kinetics and Health Anatomy 2, Political Science 2, Soil Science 2, Economics 2, Business Management 3, Philosophy 2, Agriculture 2, Modern Language 2, Educational Foundation Guidance Counseling 2.
A student was each expelled in the Department of Geography and Regional Planning, Marine Chemistry, Public Administration, Chemistry, Maths/Statistics, Regional Planning, Library and Information Technology, History and International Studies. (National Mirror)