University of Port Harcourt, UNIPORT CELTRAS postgraduate programmes application form for the 2017/2018 academic session is out.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Post-Graduate Programmes of the Centre for 2017/2018 session.
Introduction: The Centre for Logistics and Transport Studies (CELTRAS) is designed to train and produce technocrats and professionals in the area of Logistics and Transport in Nigeria. CELTRAS is therefore poised to provide adequate knowledge and practical skills for understanding and solving logistics and transportation problems in Nigeria as well as generate international support in funding for intelle ctual exchange through conferences, seminars and public ations. The Centre provides a conducive learning environment with well-equipped library and laboratory facilities. Students are also provided educational programmes through research and examinations, and industrial t raining in logistics and transport. Other opportunities are available such as in-service training for staff of logistics and transport and related Institutions. The aim of these post graduate degree programmes is to provide graduate in logistics and transport with broad based training requir ed by the public and private logistics and transport companies in Nigeria.
ACADEMIC PROGRAMMES: CELTRAS offers the following academic programmes:
- Post-graduate Diploma (PGD) in Logistics and Transport Management
- Sc Logistics and Transport Management
- D Logistics and Transport Management (specialization in Logistics and Transport Management
All the programmes run on a modular system, either as Full-Time or as Part-Time.
Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) Logistics and Transport Management
- First Degree from the University of Port Harcourt or any recognized University
- Higher National Diploma (HND) or its equivalent (with at least an Upper Credit);
- Holders of a recognized professional qualification in Logistics/Transportation e.g. Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT); Institute of Transport Engineers (ITE); Institute of Transport Administration (IOTA), etc, with at least 5yea rs working experience in a transport or related organization.
Master of Science (M.Sc) Logistics and Transport Management
- Post-graduate Diploma in Logistics, and /o r Transport Management from a recognized University with minimum CGPA of 50 on a 5 point scale
- First Degree (not lower than Second Class Lower) with at least 3.00 CGPA in Transport, Logistics or related disciplines e.g. Town Planning, Economics, Geography, Civil Engineering, Urban and Regional Planning etc.
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) Logistics and Transport Management
- An M.Sc Degree in Logistics, or Transport, or Logistics and Transport Management and a minimum CGPA of 4.00 on a 5 point scale.
DURATION OF THE PROGRAMMES
- The PGD programme shall operate the modular system which has 10 modules and a Each module carries 3 units and shall runfor2 weekends, examination inclusive. It shall run for a minimum of 9 calendar months and a maximum of 18 calendar months for full time.
- The M.Sc programme has 16 modules and a dissertation. The programme shall run for a minimum of 12 calendar months (3 semesters) and a maximum of 24 calendar months (or 6 semesters).
- The minimum duration of the Ph.D programme is 3 calendar years or 6 semesters beyond the Masters degree. The Ph.D lectures ar e in 8 modules and candidates are required to take and pass the 24 units prescribed in the first 2 semesters of the programme.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Payment of a non-refundable fee of Twenty thousand, five hundred naira (N20,500) should be made into CELTRAS Account in U&C Microfinance Bank A/C No.0152825421 or UBA A/C No 1018910248, Uniport, Choba Campus and proceed with the print out from the Bank after payment and obtain Application Form from the Centre for Logistics and Transport Studies, University of Port Harcourt, E ast-West Road, Port Harcourt.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF COMPLETED APPLICATION FORMS
Completed Application Forms, Academic Transcript, three reference letters and other relevant documents must be returned to th e Director, Centre for Logistics and Transport Studies, University of Port Harcourt, not later than Tuesday, 31st October, 2017.
For more information about the Programme, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org ; +2348109890165 and +2348038691263.
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!