UNIPORT Open and Distance Learning Admission Form - 2015/16
Last updated on
University of Port Harcourt, UNIPORT entrepreneurship and skills-based Diploma programmes by Open and Distance Learning (ODeL) admission form is out for the 2015/2016 academic session.
- UNIPORT ACIB/BS.c Linkage Programme Admission Form
- University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT) Post-HND / B.ENG Admission Form
- University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT) Deadline for Payment of School Fees
- University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT) 33rd Convocation Ceremony
- University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT) Pre-Degree Admission Form
In pursuit of her vision as an entrepreneurial University, the University of Port Harcourt calls for application into the following entrepreneurship and skills-based Diploma programmes by Open and Distance Learning (ODeL) mode:
(5) Computer Science
(7) Political and Administrative Studies
Objectives of the programmes
The objectives of the programmes are to:
A. Foster entrepreneurial capacities among Nigerian youths.
B. Foster growth and support for SMEs
C. Enhance communication skills and team spirit among participants
D. Provide a link for full ODeL delivery at the Bachelor’s Degree Level
Delivery mode: Distance Delivery
The programmes shall be delivered by distance delivery with learning materials of different types like videos, activities, games and interactions in specific skill areas and 1 semester of practicals involving business proposal development, Team-project, and actual interventions. Successful applicants shall be provided Android Tablets preloaded with learning materials and free Internet access for learning purposes.
The programmes shall be for a minimum of 4 Semesters. There will be 10 days of face-to-face contact and Booth camps/practical hours per session.
Successful applicants shall be issued a Uniport-ODeL customized 4G Tablets with Internet connection to access the study materials. The Tablets will come with embedded offline Scrom player for continuous study at all time.
To be eligible for admission, a candidate must possess one of the following qualifications:
(1) WASSCE/NECO Senior Secondary School Certificate or General Certificate of Education (Ordinary Level) or their equivalent with 4 credit passes in at least 3 subjects including English Language.
(2) Candidates desiring to proceed to the Degree programmes in the future will need to beef up their credit passes to five and comply with other matriculation requirements. Adequate support will be made available to such candidates during the programmes.
(3) Mature candidates with evidence of need and business practice will be considered.
Mode of Application
For a successful application, candidates are expected to complete two basic registration processes as explained below:
A. Payment to Uniport-Odel E-Tranzact Account
B. Apply Online.
1. Payment to e-tranzact: Candidates should visit any branch of a commercial bank and make a payment of N15, 000.00 only less bank charges. There is no account number. Applicants should simply ask for e-tranzact account for Uniport ODeL. After payment, the bank teller would give a print-out which will be needed to proceed with online registration. In the printout, there are two numbers namely: Receipt number and Confirmation number.
2. Apply Online: Applicants are expected to visit the UNIPORT ODeL Web site (odel.uniport.edu.ng). To apply for admission to the University of Port Harcourt’s ODeL programmes, please submit the online application and complete all required forms. The online applications can be completed in several sessions; that is you can save and come later to complete your application. Note, however, that you must copy your application number because you will require it to resume your application.
For more information, call: 08056103212, 08091127959, 08088757612, 08032328018, or visit http://odel.uniport.edu.ng. Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ace Your Exams: Join Our Online Classes For JAMB, WAEC, NECO & NABTEB Candidates