University of Port Harcourt, UNIPORT CELTRAS postgraduate programmes application forms for the 2014/2015 academic session are out.
The Centre for Logistics and Transport Studies (CELTRAS), University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT) invites suitably qualified candidates to its 2014/2015 academic session Post-Graduate Diploma, Master of Science Degree and Ph.D Degree programmes admission exercise.
1. Major Objectives of the Programmes
CELTRAS has the following objectives:
- To encourage the study of the science and art of logistics and transportation.To provide an educational programme through research and examinations leading to postgraduate degrees in logistics and transport.To provide an opportunity for in-service training for staff of logistics and transport department/units through research.To provide students with solid intellectual, theoretical, methodological foundations and skills to work competently in varied logistics and transport planning and management positions in the public and private sectors.
2. Academic Programmes of the Centre
- Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) in Logistics and Transport ManagementM.Sc Logistics and Transport ManagementPh.D Logistics and Transport Management
3. Admission Requirements
i. Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) Logistics and Transport Management
- First Degree from the University of Port Harcourt or any recognized University.Higher National Diploma (HND) or its equivalent (with at least an Upper Credit);Holders of a recognized professional qualification in Logistics/Transportation e.g. Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT); Institute of Transport Engineers (ITE); Institute of Transport Administration (IOTA), etc, with at least 5 years working experience in a transport or related organization.
ii. Master of Science (M.Sc) Logistics and Transport Management
- Postgraduate Diploma in Logistics, or Transport Management from a recognized University with minimum CGPA of 3.50 on a 5 point scale.First Degree (not lower than Second Class Lower) in Transport, Logistics or related disciplines e.g. Town Planning; Economics; Geography, Civil Engineering, Urban and Regional Planning, etc, with a minimum CGPA of 3.0 on a 5 point scale.
iii. Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) Logistics and Transport Management
- An M.Sc Degree in Logistics, or Transport, or Logistics and Transport Management and a minimum CGPA of 3.50 on a 5 point scale.
4. Duration of the Programmes
- The PGD is a full-time Programme and shall run for one full academic session.The full-time M.Sc. shall run for 3 semesters while part-time shall run for not less than 5 semesters (weekends only).The full-time Ph.D Programme shall run for 36 calendar months while part-time shall run for not less than 60 calendar months (weekends only).
The Programme has flexible schedules and modules for working students. This helps to minimize the impact on students’ work schedules. But of all, students receive personal attention from outstanding, professionally and active faculty in a small class environment.
5. Method of Application
Application is online. Log on towww.uniport.edu.ng and follow the instructions. Payment of a non-refundable Fee of Twenty Thousand, Five Hundred Naira (N20,500.00) should be made to UBA Plc. A/C No. 1004970025; Sort Code: 033211112, (Narration of Transaction: candidate’s name, in favour of Celtras, Uniport) or pay into CELTRAS Account in U & C Microfinance Bank A/C No. 0152825421, Uniport, Choba Campus and proceed with the print out from the Bank after payment and obtain Application Form from the Office of the Director, Centre for Logistics and Transport Studies, University of Port Harcourt, East-West Road, Port Harcourt.
6. Deadline for Submission of Completed Application Forms
Completed Application Forms, academic transcripts, three reference letters and other relevant documents must be returned to the Director, Centre for Logistics and Transport Studies, University of Port Harcourt not later than 15th October, 2014.
For more information about the Programme, please contact: ; + 2348033381826 or +2340819987550.