Abia State University (ABSU) 37th matriculation ceremony schedule for the 2018/2019 academic session newly admitted students. See ABSU matriculation ceremony date, time and venue below.
This is to inform newly admitted students, their sponsors/parents, well wishers as well as members of the general public that the Abia State University (ABSU) 37th matriculation ceremony to officially usher in the new students of the university has been scheduled to hold as follows:
Before you proceed, check out these opportunities:
- Nigerian Content Science and Technology Innovation Challenge 2021 for Students
- Unilever Idea Trophy Competition 2021 for Nigerian Students
- Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF) Entrepreneurship Programme 2021 for Entrepreneurs | $5,000 in Seed Capital + More
- Türkiye Scholarships 2021 for Undergraduate & Postgraduate Studies | Fully Funded to Study in Turkey
- Alex Otti Foundation (AOF) Tertiary Education Scholarship 2020/2021
Date: Friday, 29th March, 2019
Venue: University Pavilion
All should be seated by 10.30am before the arrival of the Vice-Chancellor’s procession.
ABSU Students Expected to Matriculate
- Postgraduate students who are not graduates of Abia State University.
- All first year undergraduate students of the Regular UME, Institute for Continuing Education (ICE), Hugh Goldie Lay/Theological Training Institution, Abia State, College of Education Arochukwu Campus and Law Diploma programmes for the 2018/2019 academic session, who have paid their school fees.
Procedure for Hiring of Academic Gown and Payment of Brochure for ABSU Matriculation Ceremony
The hiring cost of the Matriculation Regalia (gown and cap only) and Brochure is five thousand Naira (N5,000.00) only.
METHOD OF PAYMENT.
- Log on to the ABSU portal (www.abiastateuniversity .edu.ng) and generate an invoice.
- Proceed to any branch of our designated Banks listed below and make your payment.
- ABSU Microfinance Bank; Sky Bank Plc;
- Zenith Bank Plc; First Bank Plc; Ecobank Plc,
- Fidelity Bank Plc; Union Bank Plc; UBA Plc.
- After payment, students should present their receipts/evidence of payment and collect their Regalia and Brochure from the College/Institute Secretaries/Faculty Officers.
- Faculty Officers and College/Institute Secretaries should collect from the University Central Stores, the number of regalia to match the number of matriculating students of their Faculties. They should also collect the same number of Matriculation Brochures from the office of the Registrar. Issuance of these items to the Students begins on Wednesday, 27th March, 2019.
- All hired regalia must be returned to the Faculty Officers and College/Institute Secretaries not later than Friday 5th April, 2019. The penalty for late return of a set of regalia is one thousand Naira (N1,000) per day after deadline.
LOSS OF OR DAMAGE TO REGALIA
A replacement charge of Twenty thousand Naira (N20,000.00) will be paid for the loss of, or damage to any academic regalia.
The Admissions Unit, Faculty/College/Institute Offices, Central Stores and other relevant Bursary Offices, should remain open, including on the Matriculation day, to accommodate late-comers.
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!