Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, ATBU physcial screening schedule and procedure for the 2019/2020 academic session newly admitted UTME and Direct Entry candidates.
This is to invite all UTME and DE candidates short listed for admission into Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University Bauchi to the physical screening exercise scheduled to take place from the 12th– 18th November, 2019.
All shortlisted candidates are hereby requested as a matter of urgency to upload their 0′ level SSCE results through their individual profile account with any JAMB registration center on or before the stipulated date for Physical Screening.
Candidates are expected to report to their respective faculties with the following documents:
- Original copies of their credentials,
- Online screening slips,
- physical screening invitation letter,
- birth certificate or declaration of age,
- Downloaded 0′ level results at not more than two sittings,
- Scratch card pin of (WAEC, NECO, NABTEB and Grade 1) or original certificates,
- Indigene letters
- NCE/ND/IJMB results for DE candidates
- and report to their respective faculties.
NOTE: Any candidate who fails to appear for the physical screening on the date stipulated above will not be considered for admission. However change of course will not be entertained after the screening exercise. Candidate are advised to avoid paying money or any form of gratification whatsoever to individual or group for the purpose of the screening or securing admissions, please.
2019/2020 SCREENING GUIDELINES FOR THE UNIVERSITY AND ITS AFFILIATED INSTITUTIONS
The following guidelines are to be strictly adhered to for UTME Admissions:
- Candidates admitted must have at least 5 O/Level Credits including English, Mathematics and three relevant subjects (Refer to Departmental requirements).
- The O/Level result (WAEC, NECO, NABTEB and GRADE II) for UTME candidates to be considered for admissions must not exceed five years.
- Only on-line O’Level computer printed results shall be considered for screening which would be authenticated on the examination body website.
- Minimum cut-off points for admission of UTME candidates is 180; therefore only candidates with 180 and above points will be considered.
- A maximum of two sittings is allowed in case of O/Level requirements.
- Further Mathematics should not replace General Mathematics.
- Literature in English should also not replace English.
- PRE-Diploma and Pre-NCE results are not acceptable in place of O/Level credits.
- DE candidates with pass in NCE who have taught for a period of five years could be considered for Degree programme under Faculty of Technology Education.
- Candidates with Lower credits and above in National Diploma and NCE from recognized polytechnics and Colleges of Education can be accepted for the purpose of DE Admissions.
- All IJMB candidates must satisfy the 5 O/Level credits in addition to obtaining 9 points and at least 6 points from ATBU IJMB
- IJMB points are counted on the basis of letter grade as follows: A = 5, B = 4, C = 3, D = 2 and E = 1 plus 1 point bonus for passing the 3 subjects.
- Candidates with awaiting results will not be considered for admission as well as screening.
- Candidates must provide evidence of on-line screening/acknowledgement slip downloaded from the University website.
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!