The available options are:
- Bachelor Degree Programmes: (BNSc. Nursing, Education Degree)
- Diploma Programmes: (Music, Dramatic Arts, PHE, Conservation Science and Tourism, Fine Arts, Yoruba Studies)
- Professional Diploma Programme: (Oral Health Care)
- Certificate Programmes: (French Language, Portuguese Language, Non Degree Certificate in Gender Studies).
Bachelor Degree Programme (Nursing Science, Degree in Education)
Bachelor Degree in Nursing
- Nursing Applicants must be Nurses registered by the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria (RN/RPN/RM/RPHN etc)
- Applicants must possess West African School Certificate/GCE (or Equivalents) with Credits in five (5) subjects obtained at not more than two sittings. The subjects must include English Language. Mathematics, Physics, Biology and Chemistry.
- Candidates shall be invited for written entrance examination and interview.
Bachelor Degree in Education
- Candidates applying for Bachelor Degree in Education must have passes in any five (5) subjects at credit level including English Language (SSCE/GCE/NECO) or Merit/credit in teachers’ Grade II Certificate. Credit in O/L English Language or merit at Teachers ‘Grade II Certificate is compulsory.
- In addition to O’Level Requirement, applicants for Bachelor Degree in Education must have NCE credit/merit in two relevant teaching or professional subjects.
- Candidates applying for any of the Diploma Programmes must have passes in five (5) relevant subjects at credit level including English Language, at the Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (SSCE), General Certificate of Education (GCE), NECO.
- Also Candidates applying for the Diploma in Education must have passes in five (5) relevant subjects at credit level including English Language, at the Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (SSCE), General Certificate of Education (GCE), NECO. Mathematics is also required for Science or merit/credit in four (5) relevant subjects of TC II including English Language.
- Applicants for admission into the Non-degree Certificate Programme must have at least OND or NCE certificate. However, school certificate holders who have acquired enough experience working on development issues (minimum of two years) will also be considered for the Programme. Applicants for the Post Graduate Certificate Course in Gender Studies must have a university degree from an approved University.
Bachelor of Nursing Science Programme is for five Academic Sessions, each of the Diploma Programmes lasts for two Academic Sessions.
Each of the Diploma Programmes lasts for two Academic Session
Method of Application
All application fees are to be paid through any of the following banks: Skye Bank, First Bank or UBA on eTranzact Network.
Application fee for Diploma Programmes, Certificate in Portuguese and Certificate in Gender Studies Programmes is N10,000.00 while the application fee for Bachelor Degree Programmes is N12,500. Application fee for certificate in French Language cost N5,000.
- Valid email address
- Passport Photograph (100kb Max)
Applicants are advised to make payments personally and obtain the eTranzact receipts at any of the designated banks. The Centre for Distance Learning, OAU has not engaged any individual or organization to carry out this application procedure on her behalf and thus shall not be held responsible for any issue arising from the involvement of a third party.
No downloaded or printed copies of forms will be accepted.
Deadline for Application is Friday, 20th December, 2013.
All Nursing and Bachelor Degree in Education Applicants are to note that they will be contacted as soon as a date is fixed for their Entrance Exam / Screening.
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!