The application forms for admission into the undergraduate programmes of the Centre for Distance Learning (CDL), Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU), for the 2020/2021 academic session is now on sale.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the undergraduate Distance Learning programmes of the Centre for Distance Learning, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Nigeria.
The Centre has the mandate of providing access to University education for people, who, for some peculiar reasons, cannot engage fully in the conventional face-to-face mode of receiving lectures on campus.
See also: OAU E-Learning Degree School Fees Schedule.
The OAU Distance Learning model involves the applications of Multimedia Technology that support electronic instructional delivery (e-learning), as well as independent learning. This involves the automation of most of the learning processes, including the application, shortlisting, payment and lecture delivery using world-class Student Information Systems (SIS).
The technology for e-learning, comprising a tablet device, the Digital Video broadcast and multimedia conferencing network systems enables learners to access our educational resources both on and offline at the student’s convenience. The other delivery platforms are text and CD supported by face-to-face instructional delivery mode for courses that require residential school during long holidays for industrial training, laboratory attendance or examination.
OAU E-Learning Degree Programmes.
- Department of Nursing Science
- Bachelor of Nursing Science (B.NSc.)
- ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- Applicants must be Nurses registered by the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria (RN/RPN/RM/RPHN, etc.).
- In addition, applicants must possess West African School Certificate/GCE (or equivalents) at Ordinary Level with credits in five (5) subjects obtained at not more than two sittings. The subjects must include English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Biology and Chemistry.
- Candidates shall be invited for a written entrance examination and oral interview.
- The programme is for five academic sessions.
- Department of Management and Accounting
- B. B.Sc. Accounting
- ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- O’ LEVEL ADMISSIONS (FIVE YEARS)
- Applicants for admission into the programme should possess the Senior Secondary School Certificate (NECO/WAEC) or General Certificate of Education at Ordinary Level with credits in five subjects including English Language, Mathematics, Economics and any other two from the following: Government, Financial Accounting, Geography, Literature in English and Yoruba at not more than two sittings.
- Candidates for the ‘O’Level admission must have satisfied the National cut off mark of 180 for UTME.
- DIRECT ENTRY TO PART II (FOUR YEARS)
- Direct Entry applicants should possess five credit passes in the GCE (or equivalent) examination at least two of which shall be at the Advanced Level provided that the subjects are not counted at both levels of the examination (Credit passes at Ordinary Level must include English Language, Economics and Mathematics). The Advanced Level passes shall include Economics or Accounting or ND at Upper Credit level in Accounting, or Banking and Finance or ATS-ICAN final stage certificate or final stage of Association of Nigerian Accountants (ANAN) or Final stage of Chartered Institute of Stockbrokers (CIS) or final stage of the Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria (CITN)
- DIRECT ENTRY TO PART III (THREE YEARS)
- Candidates must have HND in Accounting or Business Administration or final stage of ICAN certificate (ACA) and ACCA or Certified Financial Analysis, ACIB, ANAN (plus HND or B.Sc. in any discipline) and HND in Banking and Finance. Five Credit passes in O/L including Mathematics, English and Economics are required.
- Department of Economics
- B.Sc. Economics
- ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- (i). ‘O’ LEVEL ADMISSION (FIVE YEARS)
- Applicants for admission into the programme should possess the Senior Secondary School Certificate (NECO/WAEC) or General Certificate of Education at Ordinary Level with Credits in five subjects including English language, Mathematics, Economics and any other two from Arts or Social Science Subjects.
- Candidates for the ‘O’ Level admission must have satisfied the National cut off mark of 180 for UTME.
- (ii). DIRECT ENTRY TO PART II (FOUR YEARS)
- Direct Entry applicants should possess five Credit passes in the GCE (or equivalent) examination, at least two of which shall be at the Advanced Level provided that the subjects are not counted at both levels of the examination (Credit passes at Ordinary Level must include English Language, Economics and Mathematics). The Advanced Level passes shall include Economics and any one of Mathematics, Statistics, Geography, and Government or OND at not less than an Upper Credit Level in Statistics.
How to Apply for OAU Distance Learning Admission Form.
Before applying for any programme, ensure you follow these steps:
- Choose the programme you intend to apply for by going through the list of available programmes.
- Read through the admission requirement for your chosen programme to ensure that you possess the minimum qualification. There are specific qualification and requirements for each programme.
- Please, note that no downloaded or printed copies of application form will be accepted. Applications for our programmes are strictly online.
Application form and Method of application are available only ONLINE (apply.oaucdl.edu.ng) on payment of a sum of Fifteen Thousand Naira (N15, 000) through Paystack or eTranzact platform at any branch of Polaris (Skye) Bank, Wema Bank, First Bank or UBA.
How to apply
- Go to www.apply.oaucdl.edu.ng
- Click on sign up
- Fill out and submit the signup form on the displayed page.
- Login to your email to complete your sign-up.
- Now you can sign-in to your account.
- Complete and submit your application form (Requites passport and Certificates upload)
- Print out your Application Summary slip
Please do check the eligibility criteria on the website before making the submission.
- The forms must be filled and submitted online either immediately or within 2 weeks of accessing the website. No downloaded or printed copies of forms will be accepted. Candidates are required to check the website frequently for the actual entrance examination/screening date and venue. Candidates are to note that bank charges are applicable and are to be paid.
- Valid email address scanned/digital passport photograph (50kb Max) and scanned credentials have to be uploaded to complete the online application.
- Please always check the website for further information and notices.
DISCLAIMER: The Centre for Distance Learning, OAU has not engaged any individual or organization to carry out the application procedure on her behalf and thus shall not be held responsible for any issue arising from the involvement of a third party.
If you require any assistance, call the support team on 07046396603, 01-2803822, 08187056931 or send an email to email@example.com.
Submission of online forms will close at 12.oo midnight on Wednesday, 31st March 2021.