TASUED Job Vacancy for University Librarian …
Tai Solarin University of Education (TASUED) is recruiting for University Librarian. The ideal candidate should possess a good honours degree (not below Second Class Honours) and a Masters degree in Library Studies from a recognized University .
See also: TASUED Recruitment for Registrar.
Job Title: University Librarian.
Job Location: Ogun State.
THE POSITION OF THE UNIVERSITY LIBRARIAN: The University Librarian is a Principal Officer of the University responsible to the Vice- Chancellor for the administration of the University Library and coordination of all library services in the University, her Colleges, Schools, Institutes and other teaching and research units. As an academic unit, the successful candidate will be expected to give both administrative and academic leadership.
A candidate for the post of University Librarian shall be a successful manager of human and material resources. Specifically, the candidate shall be expected to:
- be a person of proven integrity and strong moral character:
- be knowledgeable in the application of computer and electronic resources to support the library operations and services;
- be not more than sixty (60) years old as at the date of possible assumption of duty;
- have considerable administrative and academic experience and qualities of a good manager of human and material resources to provide a world class administrative support;
- be capable of giving dynamic administrative leadership while building strong and positive relationships with staff, students, other members of the University community and the State government;
- be a person who is not likely to pursue racial, ethnic, political, religious or other sectional interest.
- be a team player with ability to delegate and instil confidence in others and command the loyalty and respect of people.
- be a person with a clear vision for the development of the University Library in the context of the University’s philosophy of a ’Developmental University,
- enjoy excellent physical and mental health
- A good honours degree (not below Second Class Honours) and a Masters degree in Library Studies from a recognized University
- Possession of a PhD Degree and membership of a recognized relevant professional body will be an added advantage.
- He she should have evidence of substantial contribution to knowledge through research and scholarly applications in reputable journals and books
The candidate must be a Deputy Librarian and must have at least ten (10) years post qualification cognate experience Applicant must have been a Deputy Librarian for a minimum of three (3) years.
Apply Before: Tuesday, 5th June, 2018.
How to Apply:
- Each application should be made in 30 copies and be accompanied by 30 copies of the candidate’s curriculum vitae duly signed and dated. The curriculum vitae must contain: the candidate’s name in full, address, age. marital status: institutions attended and academic qualifications (with dates): nationality: membership of academic and professional bodies (with dates) and details of administrative e and managerial experience in the University system.
- Each application should include the names and addresses of three referees. Each referee should be contacted by the applicant to forward, direct to the Vice- Chancellor, a confidential report on the candidate’s character, academic and managerial abilities in a properly sealed envelope marked: As applicable. Referee’s Report for the Post of University librarian should be written at the top left hand corner of the envelope
- Each application must be accompanied by 30 copies of statement of the candidate’s vision (not more than 1.000 words) for the Registrar or University Librarian in the next five(5) years
- All applications must be submitted in scaled envelopes, marked “ University Librarian Position” at the lop left hand comer and forwarded to teach the Vice-Chancellor not later than Tuesday, 5th June, 2018.