The University of Ibadan (UI) has broadened its undergraduate offerings to encompass two methods of instructional delivery – the conventional in-person approach and the inventive Open and Distance eLearning (ODeL) approach. Both avenues are valid choices for earning a UI degree, and as a result, the University has implemented the “Equality of Recognition” policy, which ensures that students in both learning modes have the same rights and opportunities.
In accordance with this policy, students in both in-person/face-to-face and ODeL learning environments follow the same syllabus, take identical exams, are instructed by the same educators/facilitators, receive the same esteemed UI diploma, and qualify for the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) mobilization.
In an effort to broaden access to UI ODeL programs, the University is delighted to reveal that the enrollment process for the University of Ibadan Distance Learning Centre’s 2022/2023 Academic Session will commence on March 13, 2023. Eligible applicants are urged to seize this opportunity and apply.
UI Open Distance eLearning (ODeL) Courses
Candidates can apply for the sixteen ODeL-mode University Programs across five faculties as listed:
|Faculty of Arts||B.A English|
|Faculty of Arts||B.A Philosophy and Public Affairs|
|Faculty of Arts||B.A History and Diplomatic Studies|
|Faculty of Arts||B.A Communication and Language Arts|
|Faculty of The Social Sciences||B.Sc. Psychology|
|Faculty of The Social Sciences||B.Sc. Economics|
|Faculty of The Social Sciences||B.Sc. Political Science|
|Faculty of The Social Sciences||B.Sc. Sociology|
|Faculty of Education||B.Ed. Adult Education|
|Faculty of Education||B.Ed. Educational Management|
|Faculty of Education||B.Ed. Counselling and Human Development Studies|
|Faculty of Education||BLIS. Library and Information Studies|
|Faculty of Education||BSW. Social Work|
|Faculty of Science||B.Sc. Computer Science|
|Faculty of Science||B.Sc. Statistics|
UI Open Distance eLearning (ODeL) Statutory Admission Requirements
To qualify for undergraduate courses at the 100 level, applicants must have credit passes in five (5) relevant WAEC/NECO/GCE subjects, and distinctions or upper credits in A’ Levels, NCE, OND, HND, Degrees, in addition to the required O’Level credit passes for 200 level direct entry candidates. The Bachelor of Nursing Science is exclusively available to Registered Nurses (RN) and Direct Entry candidates.
Priority will be granted to applicants who scored at least 40% aggregate mark in the University POST UTME examination but were unable to secure admission through the face-to-face mode due to limited capacity. Candidates in this group must change their study mode on the application portal.
How to Apply for UI Open Distance eLearning (ODeL) Admission
To apply for UI’s ODeL program, follow these steps:
- Visit https://modeofstudy.ui.edu.ng/ and enter your JAMB registration number or email address in the banner field.
- The application processing admission portal will inform you of your eligibility status.
- Click “Apply,” review the requirements, and choose your desired program from the 16 available ODeL options.
- Provide your name and contact information. The school will communicate with you regarding your admission through the provided email and phone number, so ensure they are valid and accessible.
- Confirm your details and proceed to payment. You can pay online via the Remita interface, print your RRR for bank payment, or use internet banking apps integrated with Remita.
- Your payment will be transmitted to your application portal page. If not, click “ReQuerry payment” on the payment page to update your transaction status.
- After a successful transaction, update your biodata, upload your credentials, and submit your application. The university will contact you about your admission status or further actions within a few days.
Note: Prospective candidates should carefully review the admission requirements before paying for the application form. Applications that do not meet the requirements will not be accepted by the admission portal.
The UI Open and Distance Learning (ODL) admission application form costs N11,000 (eleven thousand naira only).