UNICAL Students Protest Poor Welfare
Last updated on by Olusegun Fapohunda
University of Calabar, UNICAL students staged a protest against neglect of their welfare by the authorities of the university.
- University Of Calabar (UNICAL) 44th Matriculation Ceremony
- University of Calabar (UNICAL) Freshmen Orientation Programme
- ASUU Strike: Imo State University (IMSU) Pulls Out, Resumes Academic Session
- Mountain Top University (MTU) JUPEB Admission Form for 2022/2023 Academic Session
- University of Calabar (UNICAL) Pre-Degree Admission Form for 2021/2022 Academic Session
Major roads in Calabar, the Cross River State capital in Nigeria’s South-south region were blocked earlier on Monday by undergraduates of the university.
The protest, which began at about 5.30 a.m., created panic as workers and traders got stranded at roads linking the university, including Etta Agbor, IBB Way and Mary Slessor Road.
The placards read: “VC, give us water and light, students cannot study without light and water, electricity and water is our right,’’ among others.
See also: UNICAL Announces Mid-Semester Break After Students’ Protest.
Similarly, they called for the reversal of a recent hike in their school fees.
The students appealed to the Federal Government to intervene and ensure better living and study conditions in the institution.
Ace Your Exams: Join Our Online Classes For JAMB, WAEC, NECO & NABTEB Candidates