University of Lagos (UNILAG) to commence the Meteorology and Climate Sciences Department.
Earlier on Monday, 14th December 2020, the Vice-Chancellor, University of Lagos, Professor Oluwatoyin Ogundipe FAS, received a team from the National Universities Commission (NUC), at the Vice-Chancellor’s Office.
- FG Scholarship Awards for Postgraduate, Undergraduate, HND and NCE 2020/2021
- Unilever Idea Trophy Competition 2021 for Nigerian Students
- Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF) Entrepreneurship Programme 2021 for Entrepreneurs | $5,000 in Seed Capital + More
- Türkiye Scholarships 2021 for Undergraduate & Postgraduate Studies | Fully Funded to Study in Turkey
- Sexual And Gender Based Violence (SGBV) Short Video Competition 2021 for Nigerians
The delegation led by Professor Debo Adeyewa, a former Vice-Chancellor of Redeemer’s University, remarked that they were in the University to assess and verify facilities and workforce of the University on its proposed Department of Meteorology and Climate Sciences in the Faculty of Social Sciences.
In his response, the Vice-Chancellor, Prof. Oluwatoyin Ogundipe, said that the University does not view accreditation as a condemnation but rather a quality assurance process. He further stated that the exercise would determine if what the University has done meets or exceeds minimum quality standards per the recognised operational standard of the NUC. He restated his determination to consolidate on the gains the university has made in terms of improved global rankings and international recognition for student entrepreneurship.
The NUC Team is expected to pay an exit visit on the Vice-Chancellor after their assignment.
Also present were Dr Stella Anasi, representing the University Librarian, Director, Academic Planning Unit; Prof. Lucien .O. Chukwu, Director Quality Assurance & SERVICOM; Prof Grace Otinwa and the Dean, Faculty of Social Sciences, Prof. Olufunlayo Bammeke, amongst others.
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!