YSU postgraduate admission form — The management of the Yobe State University (YSU) is now selling the application forms for admission into its postgraduate programmes for the 2020/2021 academic session.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Yobe State University (YSU) postgraduate programmes for the 2020/2021 academic session.
RECOMMENDED: YSU Postgraduate Courses 2020/2021.
YSU Postgraduate Admission Entry Requirements
General Ordinary Level Requirements For All Postgraduate Programmes Admission
All Candidates applying for Postgraduate Programmes MUST have five O/Level Credit Passes including English Language, Mathematics and three other Departmental relevant subjects.
Master’s Degree (M. A., M. Ed., and M.Sc.)
- Holders of First Degree in relevant subject with a minimum of Second Class (Lower Division) with CGPA 0/5.0 from Yobe State University, Damaturu or any other University recognized by the Senate of this University.
- A candidate with at least a Third Class Degree or HND and Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) with Lower Credit-CGPA 0/5.0 from Yobe State University or any other recognised University may be considered for admission
Doctor of Philosophy Degree (Ph.D.)
- Candidates with Bachelors degree from Yobe State University or any other recognised University must obtain a minimum of Second Class (Lower Division) with a CGPA of 0/5.0.
- Candidates must have Academic Master’s Degree in the relevant subject with ‘B’ Average Grade (60%) in addition to his/her First Degree from Yobe State University, or any other University recognized by the Senate of this University.
- Candidates must demonstrate adequate intellectual capacity, maturity and effective decision making and problem solving potentials.
Postgraduate Diploma (PGD)
- A First Degree not lower than Second Class (Lower Division) in the relevant subject from Yobe State University or any other University recognised by the Senate of this University.
- Higher National Diploma (HND) with a minimum of Lower Credit (CGPA of 0/5.0) or HND at Credit Level with any other recognised professional qualification in the relevant subject.
- Candidates with Third Class Degree may be considered for admission in their areas of specialisation or other areas for the purpose of conversion.
How to Apply for YSU Postgraduate Admission Form
The application form is available online at the Yobe State University website as stated in the Guidelines below:
- Visit: https://ysu.edu.ng/pgapplication
- Create an account by following the indicated steps.
- Generate RRR code and pay the application fee of N 10,000 only as stated on the page using any e-payment channel or any Bank branch.
- Log in with your phone number and the generated RRR code to proceed with the application.
- Provide all required information in the application and print the acknowledgement slip. Note that any application with incomplete information shall not be treated as valid.
- Upload all required documents including certificates, official transcripts of academic records, indigene letter, birth certificate or declaration of age, among others.
- Online Application Forms begin on Thursday, 15th July 2021 and close on Friday, 3rd September 2021.
- Proposed Programme including Area of Specialisation (if any) should be clearly stated.
- A candidate can apply for admission to only one Degree/Diploma Programme at any given time.
- A Departmental Postgraduate Committee, or the Board of Postgraduate Studies, or the Senate shall not be obliged to give reasons to any
See also: List of Universities Selling Postgraduate Forms for 2020/2021 Academic Session.