Applications are now open for the 2023/2024 academic session’s Post Basic Nursing programmes at the Ahmadu Bello University Teaching Hospital (ABUTH), Zaria. Suitable candidates are encouraged to apply for the Post Basic Nursing programmes available.
Table of Contents[Show]
- ABUTH Post Basic Nursing Programmes
- ABUTH Post Basic Nursing Admission Requirements
- How to Apply for ABUTH Post Basic Nursing Form
ABUTH Post Basic Nursing Programmes
ABUTH offers the following Post Basic Nursing Programmes:
- Post Basic Midwifery
- Post Basic Ophthalmic Nursing
- Post Basic Paediatrics Nursing
- Post Basic Anaesthesia Nursing
- ABUTH School of Health Information Management Admission Form
- ABUTH School Of Nursing Admission Form
- ABUTH School of Medical Laboratory Sciences Admission Form
- ABUTH School of Biomedical Engineering Admission Form
- ABUTH Community Health Officers Admission Form
ABUTH Post Basic Nursing Admission Requirements
Interested candidates seeking admission into any of the Post Basic Nursing programmes must meet the following requirements:
a) Post-Basic Midwifery Programme:
This 18-month programme requires candidates to have five credit passes in SSCE, WASC/NECO or GCE, including English Language, Mathematics, and three Science Subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) in not more than two sittings. Additionally, candidates must be registered nurses (RN) with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria.
b) Post-Basic Ophthalmic Nursing Programme:
For this one-year programme, candidates must be registered nurses (RN) with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria with at least one-year post qualification experience. An additional Post Basic Diploma/Certificate/another relevant course could be an added advantage. The academic qualifications are similar to the Midwifery programme.
c) Post-Basic Anaesthesia Programme:
This programme, running for 18 months, also requires candidates to be registered nurses (RN) with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria. The academic requirements are the same as for the Midwifery and Ophthalmic Nursing programmes.
d) Post-Basic Paediatric Nursing Programme:
Candidates for this one-year programme must be registered nurses (RN) with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria and must have at least one-year post qualification/registration experience. Like the Ophthalmic Nursing programme, an additional Post Basic Diploma/Certificate/other relevant courses could be an added advantage. The academic qualifications are the same as the other programmes.
Successful candidates will be invited for a written aptitude test, followed by an oral interview. Candidates should bring all their original certificates, license, evidence of sponsorship, certificates of workshops attended etc., for the selection interview.
How to Apply for ABUTH Post Basic Nursing Form
The application process is straightforward and done online. The application form costs N6,200.
Follow these steps to apply:
- Visit the application portal at www.apply.abuth.gov.ng.
- Click on “Sign Up” to create your profile (note down your Login ID and Password for future use).
- Choose “Check Forms on Sale” or “Apply Here”.
- Select your desired programme by clicking “Apply” on the right end.
- Click “Apply” again on the transaction page and “Generate RRR” at the bottom left to get a Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR).
- Pay the fee online or print your transaction-slip and pay at any commercial bank (ensure the RRR Number appears on the slip before printing and going to the bank).
- Return to the portal, click on “LOGIN” and enter your Login ID and Password.
- Fill in all your details, agree to the terms and conditions, and then submit your application.
After submitting your application, print your form-slip and transaction-slip from your profile page. You will need these for the entrance exams/interview.
Kindly note that document upload is not necessary for the application process. However, it is crucial to ensure that all your information is accurately filled in before submitting the application.
Once you have submitted the application, please proceed to your profile page and navigate to the “MY FORMS” section. From there, you can print your form-slip and transaction-slip, both of which are mandatory for the entrance exams or interview. Make sure to bring these slips with you on the designated day.
It is essential to be cautious of fraudulent activities. We strongly advise you to handle all application-related tasks personally. In case of any doubt or uncertainty, please reach out to us during our working hours, Mondays to Fridays, from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm, via the following contact details: 07081750333, 08071455223, 08039286400, email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact us on WhatsApp at +2348071455223.
- Ahmadu Bello University Teaching Hospital (ABUTH) Graduates Internship
- ABUTH School of Biomedical Engineering Entrance Screening and Interview
- Ahmadu Bello University Teaching Hospital (ABUTH) School Of Nursing Admission List
- Oyo State College of Nursing & Midwifery Eleyele Convocation Ceremony
- UBTH College of Nursing Sciences Admission Form
The application deadline is set for July 6, 2023.