Lagos State University, LASU second round post UTME / admission screening application form for the 2016/2017 academic session is out.
Applications are invited from qualified candidates for the Lagos State University 2016/2017 [Second Round] Admission Screening Exercise, for candidates seeking admission via UTME (100 Level). This ONLINE screening exercise is a mandatory requirement for entry into Lagos State University.
Candidates Eligible for LASU 2nd Round Admission Screening.
i. Candidates who have chosen Lagos State University as their First or Second Choice (More Preferred or Preferred) institution in the 2016 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) and have scored a minimum of 190 marks are eligible to participate in the Second Online Admission Screening Exercise. In addition, candidates must be at least 16 years of age.
ii. ALL Direct Entry Candidates who wish to be considered for admission into Lagos State University for the 2016/2017 Academic Session, who must have obtained Direct Entry Forms from JAMB are also eligible and must apply for the Screening Exercise.
iii. Candidates of Lagos State Origin, for 100 & 200 levels will be required (if admitted) to prove their claims before the Independent Indigeneship Verification Committee (lIVC), set up by the Lagos State University.
iv. Those who have been provisionally admitted, need NOT apply. Recommended: How to Check LASU Admission List.
v. Candidates are advised to check their profiles before re-applying, as money paid in error is not refundable.
SUPPLEMENTARY FIRST ROUND ONLINE ADMISSION SCREENING EXERCISE (100 LEVEL) AND DIRECT ENTRY CANDIDATES
i. Candidates who for one reason or the other missed the First Online Screening Exercise can also re-apply
ii. Candidates who applied for First Round Online Screening Exercise, but, were disqualified for some reason(s), but who had now met the relevant requirements for admission or wish to study any other available Course in the University can also re-apply.
LASU Accredited Courses.
Candidates should note that ONLY the accredited courses listed below are available for the 2016/2017 Academic Session. Therefore, Candidates can only apply for ANY of the under-listed courses for which they possess relevant requirements for admission.
– Christian Religious Studies
– Islamic Religious Studies
– History & International Studies
– Theatre Arts
– Portuguese / English
– Arabic Education
– Christian Religious Studies Education
– Islamic Studies Education
– English Education
– French Education
– History Education
– Yoruba Education
– Biology Education
– Chemistry Education
– Mathematics Education
– Physics Education
– Physical & Health Education
– Health Education
– Computer Science Education
– Educational Technology
– Business Education
– Accounting Education
– Educational Management
– Geography Education
– Economics Education
– Political Science Education
|3||LAW||– Common/Civil Law|
|4.||SCHOOL OF AGRICULTURE||– Agriculture|
– Public Administration
– Banking & Finance
– Management Technology
– Industrial Relations and Personnel Management
|6.||SCHOOL OF COMMUNICATION||– Mass Communication|
– Fisheries & Aquatic Biology
– Computer Science
|8.||COLLEGE OF MEDICINE|
– Medicine & Surgery
– Geography & Planning
– Political Science
|10.||SCHOOL OF TRANSPORT||– Transport|
– Mechanical Engineering
– Electronics & Computer Engineering
– Chemical and Polymer Engineering
How to Apply for LASU 2nd Round Admission Screening.
A. ONLINE PAYMENT
1. Prospective Candidates should visit screening.lasu.edu.ng to MAKE PAYMENT the required non-refundable payment of Five Thousand Naira [=N=5,000:00] (Platform Access Fee =N=2,500, Screening fee =N=2,500) for the 2016/2017 LASU Admission Screening Exercise. All categories of Candidates that make any error during this Second Round of Screening Exercise, would have to pay Platform Access Fee of Two Thousand, Five Hundred Naira [=N=2,500.00] for rectification of such error(s).
The Prospective Candidates would be required to submit the following:
- JAMB Registration Number
- Surname, First name, Middle name
- Email Address and telephone number (both must be active and personal to the applicant)
B. ONLINE REGISTRATION FOR ALL CANDIDATES
- After successful payment for LASU 2016/2017 Online Admission Screening Exercise, return to screening.lasu.edu.ng and CLICK STEP 2: LOGINbutton to print your screening PIN.
- Use your JAMB Registration Number AND the printed Screening PIN to login to the LASU Online Screening Platform at https://dpu.lasu.edu.ng/admissionscreening for the screening.
- Carefully fill in your personal details as required
- Upload passport photograph NOT MORE THAN 20KB
- Save and proceed
- Carefully enter your UTME details
- Scan and Upload UTME result slip NOT MORE THAN 20KB
- Save and proceed
- Select number of O’ level sitting(s)
- Scan and Upload O’ Level result slip(s) NOT MORE THAN 20KB
- Save and proceed
- Input required O’ Level details
- Save and proceed
- Candidates must possess Five (5) O’ Level Credits in subjects relevant to their desired Course of study at not more than Two (2) sittings, except Medicine and Dentistry that require ONLY ONE  sitting.
- Candidates who wish to study any Engineering Course must possess Six (6) O’ Level Credits in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, English Language, one  Science subject and any other subject, ONLY if the O’ Level result used is Two (2) sittings.
- Credit in English Language is compulsory for admission into all Courses in Lagos State University.
- Note that any examination taken after July 2016 is not ACCEPTABLE.
- Carefully preview all details supplied and CERTIFY that they are correct
- CHECK THE I CERTIFY BUTTON if you agree with all details as displayed in the Preview.
- By ticking the Certify button, the Candidate confirms that the screening will be premised ONLY on the supplied information as the screening decision is final. If you do not agree to the stated terms, you will not be permitted to go beyond this point.
- Click the continue button
- After submission, you will be re-directed to the Screening Homepage
- Enter your UTME REGISTRATION NUMBER, then click DOWNLOAD RESULT, to generate your SCREENING report.
C. ONLINE SCREENING FOR ALL CANDIDATES
- The Screening of Candidate(s) will be based on Point Grading System, using the UTME Score and SSCE (or equivalent) Grades in Five (5) BEST RELEVANT subjects to Candidate’s Choice of Course
- The relevant subjects are obtainable from JAMB brochure 2016 available online .
- Candidates are advised to visit JAMB website to study the O’ Level subject requirements for the Course of choice before participating in the Online Admission Screening.
- The Point grading system is as follows:
|O\LEVEL SSCE (WAEC/NECO/NABTEB) GRADING POINTS|
|TOTAL OBTAINABLE||50 %|
Candidates should note that both payment and registration/updating would last for Eleven  days, Thursday, 27th October, 2016 – Sunday, 6th November, 2016 (12 midnight).
N:B: All transaction[s] in relation to the Screening Exercise must be made Online. At no time should any candidate transact through Third [3rd] party/exchange cash with any Member of Staff. Anyone who does, does that at his/her own risk.
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!