University of Benin Teaching Hospital (UBTH) is now selling applications forms for admission into its Institute of Health Technology (IHT) programmes for the 2019/2020 academic session. See the available courses, requirements and how to obtain UBTH IHT admission form below.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the University of Benin Teaching Hospital (UBTH) Institute of Health Technology (IHT), Benin City, programmes for the 2019/2020 academic session in the following courses.
UBTH Institute of Health Technology Available Courses.
1. Environmental Health Technology (WAHEB) Courses. Duration: Two years, ND and Two years, HND
2. Anaesthetic Technicians; Duration: Three years
3. Plaster Technicians; Duration: Three years
4. Dental Surgery Technicians; Duration: Three years
5. Occupational Therapy Technicians; Duration: Three years
6. Dispensing Optics; Duration: Three years
7. Medical Image Processing Technicians; Course Duration: Three years
8. Biomedical Engineering Technology (ND); Course Duration: Two years
9. Emergency Med Technologists (Paramedics) (ND); Duration: Two years
10. Public Health Nursing Officers Course (HND); Duration: Two years
UBTH Institute of Health Technology Admission Entry Qualifications.
1. Applicants should possess a minimum of five (5) credit passes in not more than two (2) sittings in the WASCE/NECO/GCE O/L subjects which should include English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and Biology. Subjects obtained with NABTEB are acceptable for programmes 1, 2, 3, 4, 8 and 9.
2. Health Science is acceptable for EMT and Environmental Health Technology courses.
3. Candidates seeking admission to Public Health Nursing Course will in addition be expected to meet the following requirements:
(a) Registered Nurse (RN) certificate
(b) Registered Midwife (RM) or Psychiatric Nursing Certificate with one (1) year post qualification experience.
(c) Candidates with Bachelor of Nursing Science (BN.Sc) degree would start at HND II (Final year)
4. For candidates seeking admission to Biomedical Engineering Technology course, a pass in any of the following subjects will be an added advantage, Wood Works, Auto-Mechanics, Basic Electricity, Technical Drawing, Economics and Fine Art.
How to Apply for UBTH Institute of Health Technology Admission Form.
Admission forms are obtainable at the Office of the Principal, Institute of Health Technology, UBTH, Benin City at a fee of N6,000.00 (Six thousand naira). All payments for purchase of application forms should be made at the designated revenue units within UBTH or through the REMITA platform with the account name: Training Schools, in any bank in Nigeria.
Submission of Application forms
Completed application forms should be submitted at the Office of the Principal, Institute of Health Technology, UBTH, on or before Friday, 24th August, 2019, while entrance examination to the various programmes will hold on Saturday, 31st August, 2019 at 9:00am at the Institute of Health technology complex. UBTH, Benin City.
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!