Ekiti State University, EKSU SUG election, guidelines, timetable and details for the 2015/2016 academic session.
This is to inform the generality of the students of the Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti that the Vice-Chancellor has approved that the 2016/2017 Students’ Union Election time table will commence with effect from Monday, 30th May, 2016 at the Directorate of Students Affairs.
The approved time table is indicated below:
20th May 2016
Commencement of Students Union Electoral Process
24th May 2016
Inauguration of Members of the Students Union Electoral Committee by the Vice-Chancellor
30th May-10th June, 2016
Filling of Nomination Forms and commencement of Students Union Campaign activities.
14th June, 2016
Submission of Nomination Forms closes
16th – 17th June, 2016
Screening of candidates for the Students Union Election/Result of screening.
22nd June, 2016
23rd June, 2016
End of campaign for the Students Union Election
30th June, 2016
Students Union Election
2nd July, 2016
Constitution of Students Union Election Appeal Committee
25th July, 2016
Swearing-in of the New Students Union Executives
The positions to be contested in the Election are indicated below:
1. President – Regular Students
2. (a) Vice-President I – Regular
(b) Vice-President II – Part-Time
3. Secretary General – Regular
4. Asst. Secretary General – Part-Time
5. Public Relations Officer – Regular
6. Financial Secretary – Regular
7. Asst. Financial Secretary – Part-Time
8. Treasurer – Regular
9. Welfare Director – Regular
10. Social Director – Regular
11. Sports Director – Regular
12. Asst. Sports Director – Part-Time
Any prospective candidate must not score below 3.00 CGPA in the 2014/2015 Second Semester Examination.
Collection of Nomination forms.
- Interested students are to come to the Directorate of Students’ Affairs to collect nomination forms.
- All duly completed nomination forms are to be submitted to the Directorate of Students Affairs not later than 14th June, 2016.
- There will be no room for late submission of nomination forms after 12noon 14th June, 2016.
- All aspirants are expected to conduct themselves and keep strictly to these guidelines.
Guidelines for the 2016/2017 Students’ Union Election
- A prospective aspirant into any office of the Students’ Union Government of the Ekiti State University must be a bonafide student of the University.
- He/She must have fully registered for the 2015/2016 Academic Session.
- He/She must have paid in full his/her school fees for the 2015/2016 Academic Session at least 2 days before the date of the Election.
- Such an aspirant must be in 200 level and above.
- Such an aspirant must have a CGPA not below 3.00 during the 2014/2015 academic session as approved by the Senate of the University.
- An aspirant into the office of the President must be in 300 level with the exception of aspirant in Faculty of Law, Agric, Engineering and College of Medicine who must be in 400 level.
- Such a student must not be having any pending disciplinary case(s) against him or her.
- Central Electoral Committee will not entertain late submission of Nomination forms and neither will it be accepted by proxy.
- Any aspirant found defacing the University buildings with posters and writings will be automatically disqualified.
10. Use of Vulgar/Foul languages during campaign will be seriously Sanctioned.
- Any aspirants found to be instigating violence tendencies during electioneering campaign will be automatically disqualified.
- Any aspirants found to be defacing the posters of other aspirants will be disqualified.
- ELECTIONS SHALL BE BY E-VOTING.
- Any aspirant found to belong or affiliated to any illegal association on campus shall be automatically disqualified.
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!