The Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna 2017/2018 academic session 69th Regular Course admission application form is out.
Latest Update: NDA 69th Regular Course Admission List – 2017/18.
Nigerian Defence Academy 69th regular course admission application form will be available for sale from 8 November, 2016 –
28 February, 2017 31 March 2017 and it is open to both male and female Nigerians.
The sale of on-line application forms into Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) for 69 Regular Course (RC) has been extended to 31 March 2017. This is to enable candidates buy the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) 2017 application form and obtain their JAMB Registration Number.
The NDA Entrance Examination will take place on 22 April 2017 at designated centres across the country. Only candidates with JAMB 2017 Registration Number will be eligible to write the exams.
NDA will await JAMB 2017 examination results before shortlisting candidates for the 69 RC Armed Forces Selection Board (AFSB) interview in June, 2017.
Only candidates who score a minimum of 180 (for Faculties of Arts and Social Sciences, Science and Military Science & Interdisciplinary Studies) and 210 (for Faculty of Engineering) in JAMB 2017 examination shall be offered admission into NDA by the AFSB.
Only 2017 Registration Number and subsequent JAMB results will be considered in the NDA admission process for 2017.
Before you proceed, check:
Note: Read the instructions available on this page carefully.
NDA 69th Regular Course Admission Requirements.
The requirements for various undergraduate degree programmes are as detailed in the NDA website / applications portal, as well as in the JAMB Brochure and website. All other information concerning degree courses, eligibility and examination centres are as contained in the NDA website / applications portal. Please note that working knowledge of French Language will be an added advantage to applicants
1. To be eligible for admission into the Nigerian Defence Academy, a candidate must have the following:
- Minimum of 5 credit passes at SSCE (WAEC, NECO or NABTEB) or GCE ‘O’ Level obtained in not more than 2 sittings relevant to the Faculty of their choices.
- Credit in English Language and Mathematics.
- At least two supporting relevant credits to the compulsory credits in Faculty of Military Sciences and Interdisciplinary Studies, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences while that of Faculty of Science is shown in the columns for compulsory and relevant credits. However, only one supporting relevant credit is required in the Faculty of Engineering.
- Be at least 17 years old and not more than 21 years old as at the month of August in the year of entry into the Academy (2018). Note that candidates who desire to join the Nigerian Air Force must be between 17 and 18 years old at entry, and also the Nigerian Army has suspended the enlistment of female candidates in her Regular Combatant programme in NDA.
- Must not be less than 1.68 metres tall for male and 1.58 metres for female.
- Must be medically and physically fit and must be of good moral character.
- Must be single male or female without legal obligation to support any child or other individuals.
- Present a Certificate of State of Origin obtained from a Local Government Area or a Certificate of State Indigeneship from the Office of the State Governor.
- Working knowledge of French Language will be an added advantage.
2. Furthermore, candidates are to note the following:
- Candidates awaiting results are not qualified. Application forms submitted without results will not be accepted.
- Only examination results of not more than 5 years old from the date of examination will be accepted.
- Currently, admission into the Academy is for both male and female Nigerians only, and is limited to Navy and Air Force in the case of female candidates.
NDA 69th Regular Course Method of Application.
Candidates should logon to the application portal www.ndaapplications.net select “Purchase Access Code” and fill in their details to pay for their application via REMITA after first obtaining their ORDER ID and REMITA Retrieval Reference (RRR) Code in the sum of N3,000.00 only. Please note that only payment against RRR Codes generated via the application portal would be accepted.
Interested candidates are advised to go online and complete the application on the websites indicated above. Please download and read carefully, the Instructions provided on the website. Applicants applying for admission into NDA MUST also apply to the Joint Admissions and Matriculations Board (JAMB), but may not necessarily select NDA as their choice of university. Such applicants are expected to sit for the JAMB Universal Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME).
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
Applications should be submitted online. On completion of the online application, candidates are to download an Acknowledgement Form. Upon release of the JAMB results, candidates should return to the applications portal and download their Examination Admission Card. Only candidates who make the JAMB national cut-off mark will be allowed to participate in the NDA Entrance Examination.
The requirements for various undergraduate degree programmes are as detailed in the NDA website/applications portal. All other information concerning degree courses, eligibility and examination centres are as contained in the NDA website / applications portal. Please note that working knowledge of French Language will be an added advantage to applicants.
Only candidates who meet the JAMB national cutoff mark will be eligible to sit for the NDA Entrance Examination at their Examination Centre of choice.
The examination will be conducted as an Entrance Examination and it is scheduled to hold on Saturday 22 April 2017. Therefore, all eligible candidates are to bring along their Acknowledgement Form, Examination Admission Card, JAMB result slip and TWO (2) postcard sized (3.5 x 5 inches) photographs to the Examination Centre on the examination date. The photographs should show only from the chest upwards and should contain the candidate’s Name, Exam Number, State, Exam Centre, Course of study and Signature at the back. Only successful candidates at the NDA Entrance Examination will subsequently be invited for the Armed Forces Selection Board following which the list of admitted candidates will be published.
NATURE AND DURATION OF TRAINING
Admitted candidates into NDA for the Regular Course will undergo military and academic training as Officer Cadets for a duration of 5 years. On successful completion of training, graduands will earn a honours degree in a core discipline (BSc, BEng, BA). They will equally earn a commission into the Armed Forces of Nigeria.
Regular Course cadets will train in NDA. All aspects of the cadets’ administration and logistics will be borne by the Federal Government.
In response to requests from candidates for reference materials, the Academy has offered a Compendium of Past Questions & Answers at a token fee to interested candidates. This can be purchased from the Registry Department, NDA.
Application Portal: www.ndaapplications.net
E-Mail: [email protected]