The Management of the Obafemi Awolowo University, OAU, invites suitably qualified UTME and Direct Entry candidates to its 2022/2023 academic session admission screening exercise.
Candidates should please note that the University has not employed the services of ANY THIRD-PARTY or MIDDLE PERSON for the registration process. The registration can be done online, from anywhere and at any time before the closing date.
Latest Update: Change of Date of 2022 OAU Post UTME Screening Exercise
The management of Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, wishes to inform the general public, particularly prospective students who chose the University as their first choice in the 2022 UTME Exercise and registered for the 2022 Post UTME screening exercise, that the exercise has been postponed until November 1st, 2022. This is to allow some applicants who are facing registration challenges to complete their registration.
OAU Post UTME screening exercise is FULLY ONLINE.
Candidates are not required to travel to the University for the exercise.
Candidates should also note that OAU DOES NOT ENDORSE or RECOMMEND any CBT centre for the purpose of this exercise.
The screening exercise can be done in private at your convenience, with a good Internet connection and a reliable computer laptop.
In the interest of personal security, candidates are advised to disregard any message asking them to report at any UNKNOWN and UNVERIFIED location for the screening exercise.
Please beware of scammers.
For further information, please visit https://admissions.oauife.edu.ng, and prospective students should also check their dashboards within the admissions portal.
OAU Post UTME/DE Screening Eligibility and Requirements
- Candidates who made the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, their First Choice Institution in the 2022/2023 UTME and scored 200 and above, are eligible for screening.
- In addition, candidates must possess five (5) credit passes, including English Language, at not more than two (2) sittings.
- Candidates who do not participate in the Post-UTME screening will not be considered for admission.
- DE candidates should note that, unlike the UTME candidates, they will not be undergoing any additional screening examination other than the verification of the credentials that they have uploaded.
- DE Students should ensure that their transcript is forwarded by the Awarding Institution to the Admission Office, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, for DE Admission processing.
- OAU PRE-DEGREE and OAU JUPEB Candidates are expected to register for the 2022/2023 POST UTME.
OAU Admission Screening General Requirements
The minimum entry requirement to the first year is a General Certificate of Education (or equivalent) with Credit passes in at least five subjects chosen from a list approved from time to time by Senate, provided that in each case, all the five subjects are taken and passed at not more than two sittings.
- One of the passes shall be a pass at ‘O’ Level or equivalent in English Language.
- Except in the cases of candidate for admission to the Faculty of Arts, the Faculty of Law, and for the Bachelor of Arts in Education in the Faculty of Education, one of the credit passes shall be a pass at ‘O’ Level or equivalent in Mathematics.
- A pass in the General Paper of the Higher School Certificate is regarded as equivalent to a credit pass in English Language at ‘O’ Level.
How to Apply for OAU Post UTME Form
Registration for the 2022 Post-Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (PUTME) screening exercise will commence on Thursday, 8th September and end on Sunday, 16th October 2022.
Applicants should note that the screening fee is
- Step 1: Visit admissions.oauife.edu.ng
- Step 2: Log on to the site with your Registration Number as Username and your Surname as Password.
- Step 3: Fill the biodata form and click continue.
- Step 4: Obtain an RRR (Remita Retrieval Reference) from this site only, and use it to make payment online or at any commercial bank.
- Step 5: Once payment is accepted, the system logs out, and you can now re-login again.
The screening exercise will be done online. Applicants that provide false information or upload incorrect credentials will automatically be disqualified.
Candidates will be required to participate in the Post UTME screening on their allotted dates and time from November 1, 2022.
All enquiries should be forwarded to Email: email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org.
RECOMMENDED: List of Schools Whose Post UTME Forms are Out.