EKSU and FCE Okene BA.Ed & BSc.Ed Admission 2023/2024
Ekiti State University 2023 Sandwich Admission: FCE Okene-EKSU Degree Programme.
- Ekiti State University, in collaboration with the Federal College of Education, Okene, opens applications for the Bachelor of Arts in Education and Bachelor of Science in Education Degree Programs for the 2023/2024 Academic Session. This opportunity offers students a diverse selection of specializations and comprehensive entry requirements.
Updated on by Olusegun Fapohunda
Ekiti State University, in affiliation with the Federal College of Education, Okene, Kogi State, proudly announces the opening of admission applications for the Bachelor of Arts in Education (BA.Ed) and Bachelor of Science in Education (BSc.Ed) Degree Programs for the 2023/2024 Academic Session.
These degree programs, hosted at the esteemed Federal College of Education, Okene Campus, offer interested candidates a diverse selection of educational pathways, each designed to provide students with the skills, knowledge, and credentials needed to excel in their chosen fields.
The degree programmes offered are extensive, catering to a diverse range of academic interests. The following are the areas in which Bachelor’s degrees will be awarded:
- Education/Christian Religious Studies
- Education/Islamic Studies
- Education/English Language
- Human Kinetics (Physical) & Health Education
- Educational Management
- Education/Social Studies
- Guidance & Counseling
Eligibility and Entry Requirements
4-Year Programme for Direct Entry:
Candidates interested in applying to the 4-year program must meet the following criteria:
- NCE passes at credit/merit level in two subjects and five (5) GCE O/Level credit passes including English Language, or its equivalent at not more than two sittings. A pass at the NCE General English is acceptable in lieu of a credit pass at the SSCE, GCE O/Level English.
- Three (3) passes at GCE Advanced Level plus credit passes in five (5) other subjects at GCE O/Level or SSCE.
- Nursing and Midwifery Certificate plus Post-Nursing Diploma with credit passes in five (5) O/Level subjects including English Language and Mathematics at not more than two sittings for B.Sc (Ed) Health Education.
Candidates for the 5-year program must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Passes in two major subjects in the NCE plus five (5) GCE O/Level credit passes, or its equivalent. A pass at the NCE General English is acceptable in lieu of a credit pass at the SSCE/GCE O/Level English.
- National Diploma with credit/merit passes in relevant subjects plus credit passes in five (5) GCE O/Level subjects at not more than two sittings.
- Nursing and Midwifery Certificate together with O/Level credit passes in five (5) other subjects is acceptable for the B.Sc (Ed) in Physical and Health Education.
- Candidates with Third Class at the first degree in the Arts, Sciences Education, or Social Sciences from an approved University are eligible for admission.
- HND with credit/merit passes in relevant teaching subjects.
Please note, a credit pass in Mathematics is mandatory for all science courses.
The application window closes on the 30th of July, 2023.
Interested candidates can apply online by paying an application fee of six thousand naira (6,000). To apply, visit the Ekiti State University website e-Portal https://fedcoed.eksu.ng/ and fill out the appropriate form https://fedcoed.eksu.ng/vc/admissions/apply/3. Upload your scanned passport photographs and credentials, then submit. After submission, download and print the hard copy of the form and submit it with Two Thousand Naira (N2,000) for documentation.
Take advantage of this opportunity to enhance your educational journey and career potential with the Ekiti State University and Federal College of Education, Okene. Apply today!