The Kwara State College of Education (KWCOE), Ilorin, in an academic affiliation with Ekiti State University (EKSU), Ado Ekiti, has formally commenced the sale of admission forms for its full-time Bachelor’s Degree programmes for the academic year 2023/2024.
|📢 Announcement||Admission forms for 2023/2024 academic session now on sale|
|🎓 Programmes||B.Ed, B.A.Ed, B.Sc.Ed across various specialisations|
|📚 Eligibility||Minimum requirements including UTME, SSCE, and Teachers Grade II Examination|
|🖥️ Application||Conducted online via the College portal|
|🔄 Changes||Option for change of institution and course on the JAMB portal|
|💰 Fee||N 2,000 for screening|
|📋 Registration||Multi-stage process involving personal details, documents, and payment|
|🎯 Direct Entry||3-year full-time programme with specific entry requirements|
Table of Contents[Show]
- Course Offerings in the KWCOE-EKSU Collaborative Bachelor's Degree Programmes
- Eligibility Criteria for Post UTME and Direct Entry Admissions
- How to Navigate the Application Process for KWCOE-EKSU Degree Programmes
Course Offerings in the KWCOE-EKSU Collaborative Bachelor’s Degree Programmes
Educational Programmes Tailored to Your Interests
Candidates aspiring to further their educational pursuits can apply to a range of programmes designed to award various Bachelor’s Degrees. Among the available courses are:
- Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.): Specialising in Nursery/Primary Education
- Bachelor of Arts in Education (B.A.Ed.): Offering focus areas in Education/French and Education/English
- Bachelor of Science in Education (B.Sc.Ed.): Incorporating specialisations in Education/Biology, Education/Chemistry, Education/Economics, and Education/Social Studies
Eligibility Criteria for Post UTME and Direct Entry Admissions
For Post UTME Candidates: Understanding the Admission Benchmarks
Prospective students seeking admission via the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) must meet the following prerequisites:
- Obtain at least five credit passes in SSCE (WAEC, NECO, and NABTEB), achievable within a maximum of two sittings.
- Secure five credit passes in Teachers Grade II Examination, inclusive of English Language.
- Successfully partake in and pass the 2023 UTME conducted by JAMB.
- Possess a UTME score not lower than the nationally prescribed cut-off mark, currently set at 160.
- Successful completion of the Post UTME screening exercise administered by KWCOE.
For Direct Entry Candidates: Embarking on a 3-Year Full-Time Programme
Candidates opting for the Direct Entry pathway must satisfy the following conditions:
- Hold a pass at credit/merit level in two subjects at the NCE level, supplemented by GCE ‘O’ level credit or its equivalent in three additional subjects, including English. A pass in NCE General English may be accepted in lieu of a credit in SSCE/GCE/’O’ level English.
- Present two advanced level GCE passes, coupled with SSCE/GCE ‘O’ level credit passes in three other subjects, inclusive of English Language.
Further Conditions for Direct Entry Candidates
Admission for Direct Entry applicants is also contingent upon successful performance in the Post UTME screening exercise conducted by KWCOE.
How to Navigate the Application Process for KWCOE-EKSU Degree Programmes
Application Steps to Secure Your Academic Future
The application process for the Post UTME screening can be carried out seamlessly via the College portal. Here’s a step-by-step guide:
- Initial Steps: Change your institution to Kwara State College of Education Ilorin, affiliated with Ekiti State University, on the JAMB portal. A change of course may be necessary depending on your initial UTME selection. Learn more about change of course or institution here.
- Begin Your Application: Visit the application portal by visiting https://kwcoeilorin.edu.ng/portal/regular/application/.
- Phases of Registration: The application is divided into stages for ease of completion.
- Provide initial personal information.
- Upload your passport photograph.
- Remit a non-refundable screening fee of N 2,000.
- If you’re a Direct Entry student, supply your DE details.
- Complete your profile with additional personal details.
- Input your WAEC / NECO / NABTEB / GCE Ordinary Level or Grade II T.C. results.
- Specify your chosen course of study.
- Print out a copy of your completed application form for your records.
RECOMMENDED: List of Schools Whose Post UTME Forms are Out.