Joint Admissions & Matriculation Board, JAMB recommended textbooks for Literature in English.
JAMB Recommended Books for Literature in English
A LIST OF SELECTED AFRICAN AND NON-AFRICAN PLAYS, NOVELS AND POEMS
- Frank Ogodo Ogbeche : Harvest of Corruption
- Non African:
- William Shakespeare : Othello
- Amma Darko : Faceless
- Richard Wright : Native Son
- Birago Diop : Vanity
- Gbemisola Adeoti : Ambush
- Gabriel Okara : Piano and Drums
- Gbanabam Hallowell : The Dining Table
- Lenrie Peter : The Panic of Growing Older
- Kofi Awoonor : The Anvil and the Hammer
- Non African:
- Alfred Tennyson : Crossing the Bar
- George Herbert : The Pulley
- William Blake : The School Boy
- William Morris : The Proud King
- Gbemisola, A. (2005) Naked Soles, Ibadan: Kraft
- Hayward, J. (ed.) (1968) The Penguin Book of English Verse, London Penguin
- Johnson, R. et al (eds.) (1996) New Poetry from Africa, Ibadan: UP Plc
- Kermode, F. et al (1964) Oxford Anthology of English Literature, Vol. II, London: OUP
- Nwoga D. (ed.) (1967) West African Verse, London: Longman
- Parker, E.W. (ed.) (1980) A Pageant of Longer Poems London: Longman
- Senanu, K. E. and Vincent, T. (eds.) (1993) A Selection of African Poetry, Lagos: Longman
- Soyinka, W. (ed.) (1987) Poems of Black Africa, Ibadan: Heinemann
- Abrams, M. H. (1981) A Glossary of Literary Terms, (4th Edition) New York, Holt Rinehalt and Winston
- Emeaba, O. E. (1982) A Dictionary of Literature, Aba: Inteks Press
- Murphy, M. J. (1972) Understanding Unseen, An Introduction to English Poetry and English Novel for Overseas Students, George Allen and
- Unwin Ltd. Jerry A. (2018) Sorters and Sortees Ibadan, Kraftgriots.
- Jerry A. (2018) Specks In Our Eyes Ibadan, Kraftgriots.
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Whatsapp, Twitter, Facebook. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!